What's for dinner, tonight?

Page 2 / 6
nfh1, Aug 9, 1:56am
Chicken breast stuffed with sweet chilli and cream cheese, jacket potatoes and veges.

elliehen, Aug 9, 2:04am
Did the cat come back? ? ?

winnie231, Aug 9, 2:06am
No ellie - still no sign of her.

fisher, Aug 9, 2:06am
chilli con carne... . HOT! ! ! with my own chillie blend

dorothy_vdh, Aug 9, 2:13am
corned beef and ... ... not sure yet

debmus, Aug 9, 2:15am
mmmmm

charlieb2, Aug 9, 2:18am
Mr's doing all the 'leftover' fish out of the freezer... so Brown trout and Rainbow trout tonight! ! ! ! Dont know what we'll be having with it though! ! !

annemaree44, Aug 9, 4:37am
leftovers... ... ... . . leftover wraps, and leftover chicken... ... ... . . mmmmmmmm chicken burritos with salad and salsa and cheese. My almost 3yr old loves them

holdnhrd, Aug 9, 6:12am
MMM My hubby likes my triple cheese rendition of lasagne, with my scalloped potatoes ie:spuds, garlic, streaky bacon, chives, spring onions, cream, and cream of chicken soup all baked in the oven then covered in cheese... then on the side my home made bacon and macaroni cheese with chunks of fried ham steaks... as you can see alot of cheese not kind on the waistline and not for everyday but this hearty meal goes down a treat at least once a week in our home! Happy eating...

ruby19, Aug 9, 6:22am
Chicken parmigiana here for the meat eating folks, not sure what I am going to whip up for myself.

toadfish, Aug 9, 6:28am
Homemade Lasagne ... but from the freezer. . and coleslaw... a fantastic meal for the less than fighting fit... (just getting over tonslillitis)

unknowndisorder, Aug 9, 6:30am
Not very inspired tonight. Just lasagne.
Yesterday was cottage pie, night before was tinned soup as I'd bought a heap at the start of winter and we'd not even thought about opening any - seemed a waste, even if not great.
Tried to make some Thai noodles Friday night, but will need a wok or something decent before trying that disaster again.

rainrain1, Aug 9, 6:34am
Fillet of sole for him, salmon for me... . wish he would hurry home :-)

maggie.o, Aug 9, 6:54am
seafood chowder and garlic bread followed by home made choc mudcake and hot choc fudge over the top yes yummy

maggie.o, Aug 9, 6:57am
tomorrow night veggy bake and grilled chicken and a long walk

elliehen, Aug 9, 7:00am
Two cheese & vegetable strudel, with side salad of baby spinach.

cookessentials, Aug 9, 11:38am
Well, for us tonight, it was a selection of Turkish breads and spreads such as hummus, one with chermoula and a tasty one with shredded cucumber. Main was a lamb tagine for me and a beef tagine with dates and sultanas for Brian. As a special treat I had a strawberry dacquiri and we sat down at Docklands and watched the world go by.

elliehen, Aug 9, 12:25pm
And of course you're on Melbourne time so you're still chirpy :)

cookessentials, Aug 9, 4:25pm
Yes elliehen, although not quite so chirpy at the moment! it is 2. 23am and am awake! ! -must have been the dacquiri LOL. Sitting sifting through catalogues and various literature from the show. Another full on day today and an early start tomorrow (Wednesday) as we fly out around 9. 30am so will need to be up at about 5am tomorrow.

matuq, Aug 9, 6:33pm
Thank you! ... great idea ... I look forward to the list getting longer and longer. I, for one, will be referring to it a LOT.

lizab, Aug 9, 8:43pm
I quite fancy fish pie for dinner tonight (12 yr old will groan, but hubby will love it! ! ) I think I've still got some smoked kahawai (spelling? ? ) in the freezer ... off to look for it! !

nfh1, Aug 9, 8:54pm
Sounds like a tough trip cooks - keep on struggling!

cookessentials, Aug 9, 10:00pm
Mmm, not sure for tonight. We checked out "Live Bait" at Docklands which was basically above Meccabah. They have lovely seafood apparently. Or our second choice is just down from where we are staying and seems very popular as there is always a crowd - not sure of the name, but it is Asian. The other night, we had an "at home" dinner of fresh Australian king prawns that we bought at the South Melbourne Market, some Sicilian green olives ( my favourite) stuffed pepperdews and blue cheese!

sarahb5, Aug 9, 10:32pm
Spaghetti bolognaise - quick dinner tonight as I have one son to pick up from running, PTA meeting, and another son has CMA

lizab, Aug 9, 10:47pm
almost got frost bite trying to find my smoked fish in the freezer this frosty morning! ! ! Dug it out eventually though - and also lots of very very old stuff at the bottom of the freezer that are now defrosting in the pig bucket! !