Dinner advice- with only an oven and a microwave!!

myrtha, May 5, 4:25am
still dont have a stove...
what's something i can cook with only an oven and a microwave....made mac n cheese the other day....that was all i could think of really...

lindylambchops1, May 5, 4:41am
Doesn't the microwave come with a recipe book?Use the search function on this thread.Google!Use your loaf!

nanasee1, May 5, 4:57am
Roast (or meat loaf, chicken pieces, chops etc) with root veg in the oven, peas, broccoli etc in microwave. Gravy & sauces are easy in the microwave. Follow with a chocolate self saucing pudding. I rarely use my stove top for a main meal.

pickles7, May 5, 5:02am
I never use my stove top. We cook three veg most nights, never even think of using the elements now. I have two sensor cook microwaves. One, is a spare, lol.

ruby19, May 5, 5:39am
filo parcels filled with roast veggies & feta, pizza, curry cooked in oven with rice microwave. Chilli, again cooked in oven with either rice or jacket potatoes. poached salmon in oven or cooked in parcels in oven.

kuaka, May 5, 9:26am
Do youhave an electric frying pan?

lookingfor, May 5, 10:41am
You can cook a whole meal in the microwave easily, I often cook roast chicken and roast vegs. The only thing that takes the same amount of time as a stove top is cooking rice in the microwave, it will take at least 15 mins because it cooks by boiling.

kinna54, May 5, 11:25am
I cook a lot of my veges in the microwave... especially greens like broccoli, make sure pieces are even sized, heads to the middle of the dishand about 2 tbsps water in the bottom, turn over during cooking, cook 4-6mins, depending upon quantity. Carrots and mixed veg also great. Have done great whole jacket spuds, simply prick all over, tiny bit of water in the dish, turn frequently during cooking, around 12min , and for mashed spuds simply slice the potatoes, bit of water 6-8mins, drain & mash. All times approx and items are cooked on full power. Chicken drumsticks are good in the microwave, scrambled eggs and omelets as well.

myrtha, May 6, 4:25am
still dont have a stove.
what's something i can cook with only an oven and a microwave.made mac n cheese the other day.that was all i could think of really.

lindylambchops1, May 6, 4:41am
Doesn't the microwave come with a recipe book!Use the search function on this thread.Google!Use your loaf!

kinna54, May 6, 5:30am
Alison Holst does a lovely recipe for confetti meat loaf made in the microwave. Can't find my copy to hand but you should be able to google it.

kuaka, May 6, 9:26am
Do youhave an electric frying pan!

kinna54, May 6, 11:25am
I cook a lot of my veges in the microwave. especially greens like broccoli, make sure pieces are even sized, heads to the middle of the dishand about 2 tbsps water in the bottom, turn over during cooking, cook 4-6mins, depending upon quantity. Carrots and mixed veg also great. Have done great whole jacket spuds, simply prick all over, tiny bit of water in the dish, turn frequently during cooking, around 12min , and for mashed spuds simply slice the potatoes, bit of water 6-8mins, drain & mash. All times approx and items are cooked on full power. Chicken drumsticks are good in the microwave, scrambled eggs and omelets as well.

kinna54, May 7, 5:30am
Alison Holst does a lovely recipe for confetti meat loaf made in the microwave. Can't find my copy to hand but you should be able to google it.