Boiling Eggs in Microwave

dilligaf_dah, Mar 24, 10:24am
If I use a bowl of water and place eggs in it (eggs with shells on that is) to boil the eggsWill the eggs explode like they do if you try to cook them with the shell on in the microwave..Been waiting for a new stove top so cant boil anything

red38, Mar 24, 10:25am

lx4000, Mar 24, 6:59pm
yes, cook in a little water BUT use a toothpick to poke the yoke and white or it will explode!!

cary3339, Mar 25, 4:53am
I wrap my eggs in tinfoil and put them in a big cup of waterand it works well

dilligaf_dah, Mar 25, 6:39am
thanksa lot I thought you could but people kept saying thed explode.

dilligaf_dah, Mar 25, 10:24am
If I use a bowl of water and place eggs in it (eggs with shells on that is) to boil the eggsWill the eggs explode like they do if you try to cook them with the shell on in the microwave.Been waiting for a new stove top so cant boil anything

lx4000, Mar 25, 6:59pm
yes, cook in a little water BUT use a toothpick to poke the yoke and white or it will explode!

dilligaf_dah, Mar 26, 8:35am
and guess what yip they exploded what a mess.Oh well back to pooring boiling water over the eggs in a bowl a few times again.

pickles7, Mar 26, 8:17pm
lol ,,,,Great when you are leaving your place of work for the last time.
Put a few eggs in the mic and turn on full power, If you are lucky you will hear them explode when you are out the door.
I have little cups I crack my eggs into, they work a treat.
I did have a microwave egg cooker with the aluminium insert, cooked 4 eggs at a time. That was the best, but it got warped, and &10.00 to replace that every year was a bit insane....

wayleggo2, Mar 27, 8:41am
why don't you boil them in the electric jug ?

pickles7, Mar 27, 8:17pm
lol ,,,,Great when you are leaving your place of work for the last time.
Put a few eggs in the mic and turn on full power, If you are lucky you will hear them explode when you are out the door.
I have little cups I crack my eggs into, they work a treat.
I did have a microwave egg cooker with the aluminium insert, cooked 4 eggs at a time. That was the best, but it got warped, and &10.00 to replace that every year was a bit insane.

gnome25, Mar 27, 11:55pm
If I only need 1 egg I always do it in the microwave.However if I need more I do them in the pot.

To cook in the microwave put the egg in an arcoroc cup and cover with water.Then I set the microwave for 7 minutes on the lowest heat setting.It always workswell, they are always hard boiled (yolk set) and I've never had one explode.It's quicker than a pot and easier for just one egg.

wayleggo2, Mar 28, 8:41am
why don't you boil them in the electric jug !

gnome25, Mar 28, 11:55pm
If I only need 1 egg I always do it in the microwave.However if I need more I do them in the pot.

To cook in the microwave put the egg in an arcoroc cup and cover with water.Then I set the microwave for 7 minutes on the lowest heat setting.It always workswell, they are always hard boiled (yolk set) and I've never had one explode.It's quicker than a pot and easier for just one egg.