Microwave chicken casserole..

rodcindy, Apr 13, 1:57am
anyone have a tasty recipe please... Have a dead oven so have to use the darned microwave.Any ideas appreciated !!TIA

uke17, Apr 13, 10:40pm
Try Simon Holst's Teriyaki chicken. Uses about 500 gm chicken, in small pieces. Put it in an unpunctured oven bag with 2 Tbsp say sauce, 2 Tbsp sherry, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp grated fresh ginger, 1/2 tsp cornflour, and an optional crushed clove of garlic.Smoosh it around in the the bag, and leave to marinate for 15 to 60 minutes,while you organise the rest of the meal. Fasten the bag to leave a finger sized hole (so the steam can escape) and place it in the microwave in a single layer of pieces.I put mine in a dish, just in case the bag leaks; also makes it easier to lift out of the microwave when cooked.Microwave on high for 7 - 9 minutes, then leave to stand for 3 - 4 minutes.Chicken is cooked when juices run clear when pierced at the thickest part of the meat. Turn the pieces over in the sauce before serving on rice.I usually serve with broccoli cooked in the microwave while the chicken stands. NB: The cooking time depends on the size of your chicken pieces and the wattage of your microwave. (Mine is only 650 watts. so takes longer than is given in most microwave recipes.)