I want a yummy chicken casserole recipe

pricilla, Jun 19, 11:20pm
Good morning I am wanting to use my slow cooker to make a yummy chicken casserole. I have chicken drums garlic veges onions. Also a casserole using lamb chops, I have only ever cooked corned beef in it.
Any help appreciated. Also a pumpkin soup recipe. Thanks

lythande1, Jun 20, 12:31am
Lamc chops, large onion, large capsicum, 2 zucchini (add them at the end), 1 tbsp oregano, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp tomato paste, stock. Add the lot (trim chops first so not too fatty) and cook till tender. Serve with rice.
I have used beans from the garden in this too.

Chicken pieces, 2 large capsicums, large onion, 1 dessertspoon paprika, stock, salt and pepper, 2 bay leaves, pinch of caraway.
Cook then thicken and serve with small noodles.

fifie, Jun 20, 12:50am
Sticky honey chicken,
500g chicken breast
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 small onion
Flour to coat
Coat diced chicken in flour and brown in butter over medium heat but do not fully cook through. Throw in thinly sliced onion towards the end.
In a bowl mix all other ingredients together and throw together with chicken in slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high.
Served with rice and vegetables on the side
If using 1kg of chicken, double all other ingredients except the soy sauce.
Apricot Chicken.
1kg chicken of your choice (drumsticks, thigh or breast fillets, wings)
1 40g pkt dry french onion soup mix
1 diced onion
One of the following: 1 425ml tin of apricot nectar OR 1 jar apricot jam OR 1 tin apricot pieces in juice
Lay chicken and diced onion in slow cooker bowl.
Combine soup mix and apricot option of your choice
Pour over chicken and cook on low for 6hrs approx.
This recipe can be changed to mango chicken simply by swapping the apricot nectar/pieces for mango nectar/pieces.
Both very popular from a group i belong to.
Pumpkin soup, cut a whole grey pumpkin into chunks, chuck in a roasting dish with 2-3 onions chunked up and plenty garlic. Cook till starting to caramalise cool skin pumpkin fill up s/cooker add 6 slices bacon chopped s/p teaspoon curry powder barely cover in chicken stock cook all day till soft on high, puree with stick blender add more stock if to thick till you get it how you like taste add more seasoning if needed cool and freeze. Serve with dollop sour cream and chopped chives on top
TIP. To cut pumpkin zap 12mins in M/W, remove its hot dont get burnt, cut deseed cut into chunks. Easy peasy.

pricilla, Jun 20, 1:28am
Mmmmm yummy Thanks Lynande & fifie for the yummy recipes I am going to be busy. Cheers.

maccachic1, Jun 20, 1:33am
I like the red packet (Continental?) Rich Beef Stew (contains no animal products or dodgy chemicals) then follow the recipe on the back but use chicken it comes out really yum. Serve with mashed potatos and Kumaras.

juliewn, Jun 21, 11:11am
Add the juice from a can of pineapple pieces when adding liquid to your chicken casserole, reserving the pineapple. Just before serving, lightly mix the pineapple pieces through. makes a lovely flavour with chicken.

dbab, Jun 21, 11:03pm
That makes a delicious beef casserole,. Last time I made it, I added a tin of tomatoes and a tin of lentils. It was even better

veejay13, Jun 22, 5:48am
My favourite at the moment is Chicken Teriyaki in the slow cooker.
700g chicken (sliced, cubed, however - I use breast), 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 3 crushed garlic cloves.
Cook on low heat for 6 hours. To thicken sauce, turn cooker onto high, mix 1 - 2 Tblesp. flour in 1/4 cup cold water, add to cooker and bring to boil for 1 minute.

rarogal, May 9, 10:14am
This is delicious. I have made it several times and everyone asks for the recipe. Thanks to someone on the MB!

CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
Ingredients

1 cooked chicken
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
1 pkt mushroom soup
2 cups mushrooms
2 Tbsp sherry (optional)
1 tsp curry powder
Salt and Pepper

Method

Turn oven on to 180 degrees.
Shred cooked chicken and place in casserole dish.
Put cream, milk and mushroom soup in to a pot and bring to boil. Simmer until sauce thickens.
Chop mushrooms and add to sauce, with sherry (optional) and curry powder.
Pour over chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Bake in oven for 30 mins or until steaming hot.
Serve with rice, pasta, mashed potatoes or potato bake. Also makes a good filling for a pie.