Easy but yummy dinner for two, ideas

apple741, Feb 3, 8:08am
thinking entre of bread with pesto and oil type dips (husband likes this) and then maybe warm chocolate browny with vanilla bean icecream for pudding but i cant think of a main that is easy and that i can cook and still sit with my husband with out having to spend the whole night in the kitchen.

rosathemad, Feb 3, 9:01am
Something like a pot pie - vegie or meat mix with a bit of pastry on top and baked (I remember making a really yummy one with pumpkin and sage filling) - cos then you can prepare ahead, pop it in the oven at the beginning and then just grab it out at eating time. I made a yummy ratatouille crumble the other week - http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2011/01/ratatouille-goats-cheese-crumble.html - though pine nuts and goats cheese aren't to everyone's taste. And you can make either of these in ramekins or similar single serve dishes to make it look fancy if you prefer. :-)

jaz8, Feb 3, 11:17am
Thai style beef salad- you can prepare it all beforehand and then just arrange it on the plate when you are ready. I can post the recipe if you want.

A roast? You can prepare that all beforehand, pretty much, as well. What about something like pork belly to make it a bit different/special?

apple741, Mar 20, 6:49am
sounds good, i deffenatly want something i can make ahead or have in the oven and then just serve it up. i like the ramekin idea makes it that little bit extra special.