Yummy basil & pesto noodles with parmesan cheese!

dex250, Apr 2, 12:16am
This could well be a recipe that someone has already made, but I made this up the other day & it was divine.

First I cut up 2 large tomatoes (I think cheery tomatoes would work the best, but I didn't have any) & I added 2 cloves of garlic, then I added 3 rashes of bacon chopped up & pan fried it all in a tablespoon or so of olive oil (adding more if necessary).

I bought a tub of basil & pesto (as I dont know how to make my own) & put it into the frying pan with the other ingredients, then I added 1 small handful of parmesan cheese until it melted in & then a half cup of cream & two packets of hokein (sp) noodles (the precooked variety) & stirred all the ingredients together until it all came together & looked nice & gooey. It was so nice, I thought I just had to share the recipe. I love making new things & I couldn't find a recipe that had all those ingredients in it, so I just experimented.

juliewn, Apr 2, 10:44am
Sounds delicious.. the bacon would enhance the flavours beautifully.. I'm making something similar for a party soon, and after reading your recipe, will add bacon.. thanks for sharing your creation..

lulu239, Apr 2, 6:49pm
Yum. That's what I am making for tea tonight. Thanks Dex.

dex250, Apr 3, 12:15am
Please let me know what you think of it. I thought it was lovely, but I like blue cheese as well, so alot of people think my taste buds are weird, lol.

dex250, Apr 3, 1:16am
This could well be a recipe that someone has already made, but I made this up the other day & it was divine.

2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 large tomatoes chopped into small pieces (or 8-10 cherry tomatoes chopped in half)
2 cloves of garlic
3 rashes of bacon (more if desired)
1 tub of basil & pesto
half a cup of cream
2 packs hokien noodles
handful of grated parmesan cheese

First I cut up 2 large tomatoes (I think cherry tomatoes would work the best, but I didn't have any) & I added 2 cloves of garlic, then I added 3 rashes of bacon chopped up & pan fried it all in a tablespoon or so of olive oil (adding more if necessary). Put the tub of basil & pesto into the frying pan with the other ingredients, then add 1 small handful of parmesan cheese until it melts/mixes in & then a half cup of cream (adding slowly as you may not need all of it) & two packets of hokein (sp) noodles (the precooked variety) & stir all the ingredients together until it all comes together & looks nice & gooey. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top if you wish.

It was so nice, I thought I just had to share the recipe. I love making new things & I couldn't find a recipe that had all those ingredients in it, so I just experimented.

rarogal, Apr 3, 1:58am
Thanks Dex, will def try this one!!

juliewn, Apr 3, 11:44am
Sounds delicious. the bacon would enhance the flavours beautifully. I'm making something similar for a party soon, and after reading your recipe, will add bacon. thanks for sharing your creation.

lulu239, Apr 3, 6:49pm
Yum. That's what I am making for tea tonight. Thanks Dex.

rarogal, Apr 4, 1:58am
Thanks Dex, will def try this one!