2-minute noodles Creative Recipes please

janny3, Apr 12, 10:55pm
Hi, Apart from soups & quick spaghetti, I've made various noodle salads & omelettes w/ noodles.

Does anyone have other ideas for turning boring cheap old noodles simply into palatable meals?http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/965409

Thanks in advance.

munrotti, Apr 12, 11:49pm
have used them to bulk up fritters and self-crusting quiches

obsidianwings, Apr 13, 12:01am
Damn I was coming to suggest a noodle omelette, yummy. I wil be watching for any more ideas though :)

sandralg, Apr 13, 9:33am
I like to throw some frozen shrimps in when cooking the chicken or chicken & corn noodles (standard packet directions).
Or chop up some hard boiled egg and mix it through noodles after they're cooked and drained.
They do make good fritters with grated veges and corn, onion, bacon.Hold it all together with egg, SR flour and milk.
Nice uncooked in a salad with cabbage (cut like coleslaw) and toasted slivered almonds and sesame seeds.Make a vinaigrette with the seasoning from the noodles.

winnie231, Apr 13, 10:37am
It's hardly a gourmet meal - but I love Kai Si Ming or mince chow mein or whatever you want to call it. Student food and a frequent feature in home ec in the 70's ... but it's comfort food for me! There's a few versions out there but this is one from google ...

1lb mince
1 onion (chopped)
1 tbsp oil
5 cups water
3 Tbsp rice
1 dsp curry powder
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp tomato sauce
salt & pepper
2 cups frozen mixed veges
2 - 3 stalks celery
1/2 a cabbage
2Tbsp chicken stock powder
Noodles

Brown mince and onion in oil. Add water, rice and seasonings. Simmer 45 mins. Add veges (shredded cabbage included) and stock, and boil quickly till cooked. Add pre-cooked noodles.

muppet65, Apr 14, 12:43am
I make a soup with the thai spicy noodles, cover them with water (so quite a bit of water) cook in microwave as per usual, in a wok or electric fry pan fry up chicken pieces or beef strips, then add veges ie bok choy, slithers of carrot, bean sprouts ...plonk on top of noodles and there you have a spicy soup ...

amourette, Apr 14, 4:17am
I mix them with basil/pesto, feta cheese, tuna or ham......salt and ground pepper, sundried tomatoes....yummy!

charlieb2, Apr 14, 7:03am
about three million years ago (well not quite) I went to a BBQ where the hostess made the MOST delish salad which had two min noodles, peanuts etc and a most gorgeous dressing... I've never been able to find the recipes......One of lifes biggest regrets

janny3, Oct 7, 11:58pm