Recipe for Smoked Fish Stirfry with noodles....

monique70, Nov 15, 12:46am
anyone have a tasty recipe?

pericles, Nov 15, 12:50am
smoked fish and stirfry?
just can't see that tasting any good

valentino, Nov 15, 1:05am
Try this, so refreshing... with salmon or fleshy fish...

Perhaps one could try Smoked Fish but not too sure how it would go..... Just replace Salmon with smoked fish.

Wasabi, Ginger and Lime salmon in Vermicelli.

About 800g Fresh salmon in at least 4 pieces initially,
2 tbsp wasabi paste,
1 tbsp vege oil,
finely grated zest of one lime,
2cm piece of ginger peeled and grated or finely chopped,
some salt,
1 pkt vermicelli,
boiling water,
1/3 c light soy sauce,
1 tbsp palm sugar,
1/2 c rice vinegar,
1 red banana chillie seeds removed & sliced thinly or 2 tsp cajun powder,
Thai basil ( used normal fresh basil) and a
couple of fresh limes.

Preheat oven to 200c.
Salmon on ovenproof dish.
Mix together wasabi, oil, zest & ginger and smear over salmon then sprinkle with salt then cook for 15 to 20 minutes ( or until fish is cooked to one’s liking).
Break or cut up vermicelli then put into a bowl & cover with boiling water for 10 minutes then drain.

Mix together soy, palm sugar, vinegar & chillie (used cajun) in a bowl, whisk until combined then pour over noodles.
Gently remove the pin bones while breaking up salmon flesh & combining with noodles adding basil and sliced peeled limes before serving.
It is quite refreshing and can imagine using most types of fleshy fish instead of salmon but salmon is ideal.
Cheers.

valentino, Nov 15, 2:01am
Oh, forgot about this bit... Sorry.

"Mix together wasabi, oil, zest & ginger and smear over salmon then sprinkle with salt then cook for 15 to 20 minutes ( or until fish is cooked to one’s liking)."

One needs to do this in the oven only other ingredients to do their thing, hope one can understand this.

Suggest perhaps then to do this on smoked fish before breaking into pieces but only to cook those other ingredients with the fish, just gives it that extra nice taste and touch on the fish.

Cheers.

rainrain1, Nov 15, 5:51am
Valentino you always make my mouth water...I love reading your recipes (cause I can taste with my eyes) and have tried quite a few of them, but tonight I am scrambling eggs......I don't suppose you can dandy up my ovals could you...i have no cream though :-)

rainrain1, Nov 15, 5:58am
Sigh...guess you've gone for the evening, and I'm so hungry I could eat them raw

elliehen, Nov 15, 8:34am
Don't do that ;)Next time have on hand a pottle of sour cream in the fridge.A dollop of that makes gourmet scrambled eggs.

valentino, Aug 7, 4:49pm
Hmmm, scramble eggs, never done them with cream.

I'm usually do them the old way, sometimes may put in a bit of chopped onion and served on some real crusted cheese toasted bread...

I have these old S/S saucepans copper based now for about 40 years and still going strong.

I put in so many eggs depending on numbers plus an extra 1 or 2, give it a bit of beating then add at least 1 and 1/2 times milk volume plus a wee bit depending on colour (a little creamy yellow should still show through), plus a bit of seasoning and a good dob of butter (about 2 tablespoons at least), put a lid on it, slowly heat giving it a bit of stir once it starts warming all through then just leave it to cook. Keep an eye on it as soon as it is cooked through is served immediately with a big serving spoon sort of thing.

Sometimes may add some finely chopped bacon after all is mixed and use less salt in seasoning.

That is all one does.

Cheers.