Easy Chicken coatings please......

typsygypsy, Mar 29, 7:20pm
Ok I haven't posted on here before but my Mum swears by it! Does anyone have and quick and easy chicken coatings please? Am a bit hopeless in the kitchen "sigh" :)

lx4000, Mar 29, 7:32pm
Being veggie, I get a meat eater to do this one! Run your finger under the skin so you can stuff it with slices of lemon and a herb/s of your choice:)

If skin and boneless, try herbs you like in the crumbs and use the wash of soy and honey to hold them on.

jessie981, Mar 29, 7:32pm
Welcome to the happy, helpful thread. You will get help here.
Go into the message board on the left hand side. Where it isays keyword put chicken coating, then under date posted put anytime. Help is there & you will probably get more during the day.

Check out the thread about chicken drumsticks too

margyr, Mar 29, 7:37pm
put some flour in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, powdered garlic, paprika, whatever you have powdered for flavour. You can also add breadcrumbs, put your chicken peices in a bowl of water, lift from bowl and let most of the water run off, roll in the flour. This is ok to bake in a roasting dish with a little oil in the bottom. It is yummy and abit like the coating on kfc.

pheebs1, Mar 29, 8:44pm
sometimes i crumb coat the whole piece first dip in flour then egg the a bowl of bread crumbd with mixed herbs or garlic and herb salt or what ever spices you like . latelt i have been making a sort of stuffing crust to put on top.

take skin off chicken, in a bowl mix bread crumbs(fresh is better just blitz a piece of bread or two in processor ) add melted butter say 25-50 gms depending on how much bread you have then add herbs and spices if you havent any salt and pepper and grab a handful(should hold together well) and press on top of chicken
bake as per normal but perhaps 10 mins longer than usual. keeps chicken very moist and its yum

jbsouthland, Mar 29, 8:52pm
A friend makes a coating for Chicken breasts with chopped up macadamia nuts and cornflakes crushed....dips meat in milk and rollsin mixture.Bakes them in oven..Yummy.

1suze, Mar 29, 9:03pm
Coat n cook is very tasty and easy for those not wanting to muck around too much.

ant_sonja, Mar 29, 9:38pm
For drumsticks or nibbles I coat in a mix of herbs, sea salt, paprika & olive oil -
Make sure you place these on a hot oven tray and turn them once mid way through cooking - crispy and delicious every time :-)

julz29, Mar 29, 10:28pm
i agree with coat n cook

beebs, Mar 30, 12:15am
flour + egg + coat and cook, cant beat it

typsygypsy, Mar 30, 3:32am
Awesome thanks everyone for the ideas, much appreciated :)

pollypanner, Mar 30, 6:29am
i always coat my chicken or fish in Stuffing mix "ie"Sage and oinion" yummy

kiwipossum, Mar 30, 11:36am
crushed cheese corn chips yummy!!

juliewn, Mar 30, 11:49am
Welcome to 'Recipes'.. :-)

Our favourite.. crush cornflakes finely, add some grated lemon rind and some cinnamon.. a little brown sugar if you want..
Dip chicken in milk, then the crumb mix..
or.. into flour then egg then into the crumb mix.

vtired, Mar 30, 9:11pm
This is really tasty, thaw chick pieces, on a dish put enough flour to coat lightly the chicken add to this S&P a crushed chicken stk cube & cajun seasoning. Get oven dish hot in 200 (c) oven take out add olive oil, dredge chick generously and put in hot dish, sprinkle mixed herbs over chick and two to three cloves garlic chopped (or dried garlic) bake in oven until cooked, my family call it shazas KFC. (you can sprinkle a finely chopped onion over if you like as well)

e_ka_ka, Mar 30, 11:06pm
I just use stuffing mix from a box. Normally dip the chicken in egg then in the stuffing mix and then bake in the oven. Its very nice on fish too. Prep the same way and then fry.