Easy hollandaise

elliehen, Mar 30, 2:57am

shellie72, Mar 30, 3:12am
sounds gorgeous! but how do you do the eggs part! Do you poach them and put on toast with bacon, then pour the sauce on!

buzzy110, Mar 30, 3:12am
Hollandaise Sauce (Quick)
150gms butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 egg yolks
pinch castor sugar
1/2 tsp each salt and white pepper
In separate cups, melt the butter and heat the lemon juice,(hot not boiling) place egg yolks and seasonings into a bowl or food processor. TURN on the processer or stick blender and add hot lemon juice and then slowly add melted butter. Keep processor going for a minute after mixed.
I have a small bowl attachment on my processer which I use.
geldof (55)

chris313, Jul 30, 5:05am
Hi all - I had a recipe for a really easy hollandaise - and I've lost it!!! I can remember that it all went in the blender, egg yolks, melted butter, lemon juice and more. Has anyone got it please? Want to do eggs benedict for brekky tomorrow, so need to make it tonight. Thanks in advance.

pam.delilah, Jul 30, 5:45am
here are two I use
the first from Alison Holstboth areso easy

Hollandaise sauce Holsts blender and a microwave.
Take an egg yolk and two teaspoons of lemon juice, pop them into a blender and give it a whirl.
Then cut up 50 grams of butter into cubes and microwave the blazes out of them until they melt and bubble vigorously.
Next, with the blender whirring, slowly pour the hot butter into the egg and lemon mix. The mixture will thicken.
Pour it into a microwave-proof container, preferably with a round bottom, and zap in the microwave for five seconds at a time.
"It's to heat it enough to thicken the mixture," Alison says. "If I was making double I would have just given it a whisk with a wire whisk at that stage."
Altogether, our lot goes in the microwave for four bursts of five seconds, and it's delicious, zingy and thick.

HOLLANDAISE SAUCE BLENDER
Start to finish: 5 minutes
Makes about 3/4 cup
Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Directions:
In a blender, combine the egg yolks, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium-high, add the butter and heat until foaming.
Blend the egg yolk mixture at top speed for 2 seconds then, with the blender running, remove the cover and pour in the hot butter in a thin stream of droplets. By the time two-thirds of the butter has been added, the sauce will be a thick cream. Continue pouring, but don't pour in the milky residue at the bottom of the pan. Taste and adjust seasonings.
If not using the sauce immediately, set the blender carafe in tepid, but not warm, water.

shellz213, Jul 30, 6:01am
This may be too late but the Edmonds one looks very easy peasy.

50 grams butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt the butter in a double boiler.Add lemon juice, egg yolks and cream.Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.Do not boil or sauce will curdle.Remove from heat.Add mustard and salt and beat till smooth.
Makes 3/4 cup.

Enjoy your eggs benny .. yum!

chris313, Jul 30, 6:15am
Thank you so much. Really appreciated. Chris

chris313, Jul 31, 5:05am
Hi all - I had a recipe for a really easy hollandaise - and I've lost it! I can remember that it all went in the blender, egg yolks, melted butter, lemon juice and more. Has anyone got it please! Want to do eggs benedict for brekky tomorrow, so need to make it tonight. Thanks in advance.

pam.delilah, Jul 31, 5:45am
here are two I use
the first from Alison Holstboth areso easy

Hollandaise sauce Holsts blender and a microwave.
Take an egg yolk and two teaspoons of lemon juice, pop them into a blender and give it a whirl.
Then cut up 50 grams of butter into cubes and microwave the blazes out of them until they melt and bubble vigorously.
Next, with the blender whirring, slowly pour the hot butter into the egg and lemon mix. The mixture will thicken.
Pour it into a microwave-proof container, preferably with a round bottom, and zap in the microwave for five seconds at a time.
"It's to heat it enough to thicken the mixture," Alison says. "If I was making double I would have just given it a whisk with a wire whisk at that stage."
Altogether, our lot goes in the microwave for four bursts of five seconds, and it's delicious, zingy and thick.

HOLLANDAISE SAUCE BLENDER
Start to finish: 5 minutes
Makes about 3/4 cup
Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Directions:
In a blender, combine the egg yolks, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium-high, add the butter and heat until foaming.
Blend the egg yolk mixture at top speed for 2 seconds then, with the blender running, remove the cover and pour in the hot butter in a thin stream of droplets. By the time two-thirds of the butter has been added, the sauce will be a thick cream. Continue pouring, but don't pour in the milky residue at the bottom of the pan. Taste and adjust seasonings.
If not using the sauce immediately, set the blender carafe in tepid, but not warm, water.

shellz213, Jul 31, 6:01am
This may be too late but the Edmonds one looks very easy peasy.

50 grams butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt the butter in a double boiler.Add lemon juice, egg yolks and cream.Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.Do not boil or sauce will curdle.Remove from heat.Add mustard and salt and beat till smooth.
Makes 3/4 cup.

Enjoy your eggs benny . yum!