Lemon Honey..any quick and easy recipes out

mrsrickp, Oct 8, 4:10am
there. My lemon tree is loaded and I want to use some of them.

juliewn, Oct 8, 4:15am
x1
Hi..

I made lemon honey recently - with just a little butter, instead of the large amount in most recipes.. this is the microwave method too, which makes it more quickly...

I doubled the recipe - which is this quantity:

Place in a large microwave proof jug:

The zest and juice of 6 medium size lemons
1 and 3/4 cups sugar
5 eggs.

Whisk all this together till well blended.

Add 50gms butter chopped into small pieces.

Stir through, then zap for 1 1/2 minutes on high.

Whisk, then 1 minute on high. Whisk again.

Continue cooking for 1 minute on high, whisking well at the end of each minute. Don't cook for longer times as the mix will begin to scramble.

Continue until the mix is thick and smooth. Pour into hot sterilised jars and leave till cool.

Place lids on and keep in the fridge.

Use within 2 weeks.

This makes a really delicious Lemon Honey - which is also excellent as the filling for lemon meringue pie..

buzzy110, Oct 8, 4:23am
Does it absolutely have to be quick and easy? I'm asking because the stuff made the conventional way will last in sealed jars in your fridge for at least 18 months. Well mine have anyway. I make about 20 to 25 jars at a time and don't bother making anymore until I've used them up which, at present is 18 months and climbing.

There is a lot to be said for the traditional methods. Using the traditional method you can also branch out and use oranges, limes or grapefruit instead. My orange honey is just unbeatable.

herself, Oct 8, 4:45am
I would love to have your lemon honey recipe buzzy.I have lots of lemons (going to make the lemon pickle this weekend) and a tried and true lemon honey recipe would be appreciated.I made the "Edmonds" lemon honey the other day - it took a lot of cooking before it began to thicken up!

bcnd, Oct 8, 10:15am
Bump for buzzys recipe

buzzy110, Oct 10, 2:52am
Sorry about the delay getting back. I use a recipe out of Aunt Daisy. I have included some of the instructions I use to help me along.

LEMON CHEESE (Good)
4Egg– Beaten a little
4Lemons – Juice and Rind
250g Butter – dice if hard
450g Sugar

Method:
• Cook in a stainless steel bowl which has been placed over a pot of boiling water
• Ensure the bowl is over the water and that it isn’t in it or egg will cook in lumps (curdle)
• Put your jars and lids in another pot and boil while you are cooking the lemon cheese
• I start it off on the lowest temp setting and keep increasing heat in small increments till it starts to thicken, then I turn it back a notch.
• It is important not to cook at too high a temperature or the egg in the mix will cook independently.

Into the bowl over the boiling water put - Rind, Juice, Butter, and Sugar
Stir till Sugar and Butter has just dissolved – do not let it get too hot
Add beaten eggs immediately, while mixture is still coolish
Keep stirring till it gets thickish (doesn’t need to be very thick because it will set thick)
Pour into sterilised jars and seal with sterilised lids
Once cooled and lids have popped, store in the fridge.

katienz11, Jun 25, 7:07am
If its made with eggs does it keep?