Quick, no fuss dish, for BULK mouths! (team)

talent.scout, Oct 24, 11:42am
Please share your fav no-fuss dish, that you cook to feed the troops!

Thank you in advance!

gardie, Oct 24, 6:51pm
Chop up a whole oven dish of veggies to slightly larger than bite size, drizzle with oil, sea salt and mixed herbs and roast.Potatoes, Kumara, Pumpkin, beetroot (keep this slightly to one side so it doesn't bleed over other vegies), parsnip, swede, carrots, capsicum (add this a little later).

greerg, Oct 24, 7:42pm
Roasting pan of pasta bake with cooked pasta, a cheesy mushroom and leek sauce, shredded cooked chicken, mushrooms, leek, broccoli, some bacon and anything else that seemed a good idea at the time.Topped with buttered, herbed, crumbs and baked until golden.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 24, 7:52pm
BBQ - get the team to cook it!

kulkkulbelle, Oct 24, 8:15pm
I used to do a cheap sausage meat pie for shearers which was popular.

Buy tubes of sausage meat, make up into a tasty mix with whatever you like. (Suggest onion, garlic, tomato sauce, various fresh herbs - I even used wilted, chopped spinach etc)

Place pastry in dish - layer seasoned sausage meat,then sliced tomatoes, then lightly whisked, barely broken yolked, uncooked eggs, slice some yesterdays potato on top of that,and then put a pastry top on. Bake in usual manner.

I found this was a cheap and cheerful way to feed hungry men....everyone loved it.

smileeah, Oct 24, 8:36pm
What about a sausage casserole poured into a roasting dish and topped with mashed potato? I like to make curried sausages (with chicken stock not beef stock), add mixed veges then top with mashed potato and cheese. Bake until golden.

talent.scout, Oct 24, 8:46pm
thank you!Please keep them coming.

sar6, Oct 24, 9:06pm
Mix a tin of refried beans with pottle sour cream and pottle cream cheese, cut in bunch spring onions, dot of tabasco and a pkt of taco seasoning, mix well cover in grated cheese. Bake in oven at 160 for 20 minutes. Serve with corn chipa and cut up avo tomato and cucumber.

suzanna, Oct 25, 1:45am
If you search 'fried rice', 'anytime' there are some ideas catering for bulk that may be handy for you. On page 1 there are some good ideas under 'feeding 60 after rugby'. Ages ago someone posted a recipe for fried rice which was cooked in a foil covered roasting dish in the oven. A friend of mine tried it and said it was really good and made a heap. Someone may well be able to post the recipe for you as I can't seem to locate it using the search function. My friend is away but I will ask her about it when she is back. Good luck with all those ravenous beings. Cheers.

donnabeth, Oct 25, 9:24pm
gardie's recipe with wedges of onion, sprinkle with smoked paprika and chopped fresh rosemary. Works equally well when all you have in the pantry is potatoes.

I joked I could make this blindfolded when my son was at high school and all his mates would invade the place. I worked on the theory that if you were here at meal time then you'd be fed. No matter how large the pan I cooked, there was never any left over.

The bonus is that it suited diabetic and gluten free diets so that removed a lot of allergy worries that spontaneous meals can generate.

marywea, Oct 25, 9:36pm
Is this the one. I saved but am yet to use. Perhaps it is the "dicked" ham that puts me off!!

Sori I'm back
Oven Fried Rice. Serves 15 (but we are big eaters and theres 5 of us, and we eat it all) Ingredients: 3 cups uncooked rice (I always use Uncle Ben's in orange pkt, but the lady at tuckshop doesnt), 3 tbsp oil, 1 tsp crushed garlic, 3 cups mixed vegetables diced (I just use frozen), 1.5 cups ham dicked, 3 tbsp stock powder, 1.25 litres water, half cup shallots chopped finely, soya sauce, and I always put a dollop of oyster sauce in too.
tahnasha (3)5:16 pm, 8 Jun

10.Method
In a deep baking disk combine oils, garlic and rice, stirring well to coat rice. (This is the secret, make sure every bit of rice is coated in oil). Add ham, vegetables and stock powder and stir well. Add water, soya sauce and oyster sauce, stir in well, cover with foil. Bake at 200 deg for around 40 mins, until all water is absorbed. When rice is cooked and no water left, stir through with the spoon to fluff up.

smileeah, Oct 26, 12:22am
Hahaha It doesn't sound very appetising does it!?!

purplegoanna, Oct 26, 12:50am
i do american hotdogs, pre fry the onions, i cab prepare the buttered rolls, grated cheese, pre cook the long snags and put thep chow chow in bowls, tom sauce & mustard sauce out, and they build them themselves....i keep the oven grill on incase anyone wants to grill theres....

duckmoon, Oct 26, 6:59am
how many people are you cooking for?
and are you cooking at home, and then taking the food to the venue - or cooking at the venue??

duckmoon, Oct 26, 6:59am
and finally,
what is your budget?

rthomas80, Jun 24, 1:11pm
for bulk people things like mince mousakka are easy fill a roating dish full of cooked mince with flavoured tomatoes and other stuff top with half cooked sliced potatoes, cheese sauce on top then grated cheese and bake very yummy