Pavs again 'yawn'. But quick question.

nzldave, Dec 23, 10:55pm
Are the egg whites suppsed to be cold or room temerature before beating ?

gardie, Dec 23, 10:59pm
Definately room temperature.If they are in the fridge, pop them in a bowl of warm water for 20 mins (a tip from Nigella).When baking, it is best to have all ingredients at room temperature.

harrislucinda, Dec 23, 11:13pm
justgotminein theovennowandihadwhitesbeatingforatleast30min it turned outhighandstayedthatwaymay bebest1ihavemade

gerry64, Dec 23, 11:27pm
my mum used to say the only time you dont need your eggs to be super fresh was to make a pav - not sure if this was correct but she made the most beautiful pavs

nzldave, Dec 23, 11:31pm
Thanks guys. This will be my first attempt so I'm not expecting miracles. I also meant to ask, do I use the oven on fanbake or not ?

harrislucinda, Dec 24, 1:19am
after allthatturnedoutthesamecrashed

gardie, Dec 24, 1:22am
I know that some people actually cut around the centre and let the middle collatpse so that they can fill it with cream - might work for you harrislucinda.

sjc72, Dec 24, 1:23am
I fanbaked and it is OK so far. Still in oven, but cool, hasn't collapsed YET! Too scared to touch it.

seniorbones, Dec 24, 1:25am
once you have cream on it no-one will notice..I'm going to try mine in a circle with a hole so it -hopefully- will look like a wreath! will let you know how it turns out, and nzldave just normal bake not fan bake. but someone will differ, very low oven around 100 - 150

blondebabe1, Dec 24, 1:55am
I fan bake my pavs and they turn out primo, mine looks good so far always crack anyway thats normal, don't know how to not stop them from cracking.Mine is in cooking now.

korbo, Dec 24, 4:18am
seniorbones, please let us know how it went. sounds different .

fifie, Dec 24, 4:21am
If your pavs sink or crash, when cold gently flip over on to a flat plate cream and decorate.They will still look good as edges are usually higher than the middle so they sit up higher.

jpmarketing, Dec 24, 7:14am
So what is everyone going to dress the pavs with???
I thought i would add on top of the cream chopped up mangos, walnuts or almonds, and bashed up crunchie bars with maybe some drizzled white choc on top.. i will probably change my mind in the morning..
and end up with raspberries instead.

buzzy110, Dec 24, 10:29am
Sounds like you have taken your idea from the front page of the Cuisine magazine. I am not doing a pav this year (or any year come to that) but I have never had much success getting the mix to form a nice ring. I usually end up with splotches of mix where I don't want it and my rings never looks perfect.

Will you use some sort of mould in the middle or what?

Let me know how yours turned out and how you managed to form the perfect wreath. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Fortunately I know how to make the perfect mix but I have never been able to form anything other than a traditional pile with any degree of success.

lyndyhopper, Dec 14, 2:55am
I just finished my pav 30 mins ago.wasn't too happy with the it's fluffyness to start with.But ended up stiff enough to form a flat circle.Nothing a bit of cream will hide.Will taste yummy and sweet.