Oatmeal cookie question

jodie-mike, Jun 5, 10:48pm
Hi, i am playing round with making a healthy (ish) oatmeal cookie and wondered if i could add grated apple to the mix, would this cook in a cookie ok?
its also got saltanas, spices, honey etc... no butter or sugar.

lx4000, Jun 5, 10:50pm
sounds ok to me:)

jodie-mike, Jun 6, 12:26am
yum just made them and already polished off 2.... they are incredibly moist, almost like mini muffins in a large cookie shape.

wildflower, Jun 6, 3:37am
Recipe please:)

I tried an apple crumble type Protein Bakery one at the Food Show, tasted great but ingredient and nutritional didn't sound to good to me so I won't be buying them.

jodie-mike, Jun 6, 9:52pm
oh ok, well i didnt really keep track of the exact quantites of things i put in but here it is thereabouts:
Dry Ingrediants:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup wheatgerm
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup saltana(next time i will add finely chopped walnuts too)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 teaspoons cinnomen

Wet Ingrediants
1 egg beaten in with a tablespoon of water
3/4 grated apple
1 tablespoon honey
1 table spoon maple syrup
1 table spoon olive oil

I put the honey, oil and maple syrup in pot and melted down then added the apple and the beaten egg. then mixed all in with the dry ingrediants.

I will play around with the recipe again to try and get more crunch to the cookies as they definitly more of a muffiny/muesli bar ish type consistancy. I guess butter would be the thing to give them crunch though.
I find them yummy but hubby pronounced them 'healthy tasting'...meaning he didnt like them!!
But im on a diet and looking for healthy alternatives so i am happy with them.

Baked for around 20mins on a low heat...around 150 i think. They probably could have done with longer in the oven.

jodie-mike, Jun 6, 10:48pm
Hi, i am playing round with making a healthy (ish) oatmeal cookie and wondered if i could add grated apple to the mix, would this cook in a cookie ok!
its also got saltanas, spices, honey etc. no butter or sugar.

jodie-mike, Jun 7, 12:26am
yum just made them and already polished off 2. they are incredibly moist, almost like mini muffins in a large cookie shape.

wildflower, Jun 7, 3:37am
Recipe please:)

I tried an apple crumble type Protein Bakery one at the Food Show, tasted great but ingredient and nutritional didn't sound to good to me so I won't be buying them.

wildflower, Jun 7, 4:06am
Thanks!!Muffin/muesli bar texture actually sounds quite nice.

jodie-mike, Jun 7, 9:52pm
oh ok, well i didnt really keep track of the exact quantites of things i put in but here it is thereabouts:
Dry Ingrediants:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup wheatgerm
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup saltana(next time i will add finely chopped walnuts too)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 teaspoons cinnomen

Wet Ingrediants
1 egg beaten in with a tablespoon of water
3/4 grated apple
1 tablespoon honey
1 table spoon maple syrup
1 table spoon olive oil

I put the honey, oil and maple syrup in pot and melted down then added the apple and the beaten egg. then mixed all in with the dry ingrediants.

I will play around with the recipe again to try and get more crunch to the cookies as they definitly more of a muffiny/muesli bar ish type consistancy. I guess butter would be the thing to give them crunch though.
I find them yummy but hubby pronounced them 'healthy tasting'.meaning he didnt like them!
But im on a diet and looking for healthy alternatives so i am happy with them.

Baked for around 20mins on a low heat.around 150 i think. They probably could have done with longer in the oven.

wildflower, Jun 8, 4:06am
Thanks!Muffin/muesli bar texture actually sounds quite nice.