Jelly bag question

duce3, Jun 5, 9:25am
Can I use a chux dish cloth to strain the juice in a colander?

cookessentials, Jun 5, 9:31am
Might get a little "furry" you can usually buy cheesecloth. Some people use a pillow case.

auburn4, Jun 5, 9:31am
I've heard of people using Chux cloths successfully. Let us know how it works out please.

duce3, Jun 5, 10:31am
ok I'll give it a go tomorrow

sclaredy_cat, Jun 6, 4:30am
I tried to use a chux cloth a few times early on but it was so hard to get it to hang properly without disturbing the fruit (think cloudy jelly). I now have a pillow case, like cookessentials mentioned. Its a plain cotton one, that I boil before using, and only use for jelly - its an interesting colour now after so many uses! Good luck tho - let us know how you got on :)

vicki_r, Jun 6, 5:47am
A net curtain also works well.

cgvl, Jun 6, 6:06am
as will a tea towel

duce3, Jun 6, 8:02am
well I tried the chux cloth today and it didn't work for the persimmon pulp.The pulp seemed to thick to drip through.I finally squeezed it and got some out.I will not be making jelly from it.I'm going to freeze the pulp to use in cakes and biscuits.I am very tempted to make a persimmon pie like pumpkin pie.

duce3, Jun 6, 9:25am
Can I use a chux dish cloth to strain the juice in a colander!

auburn4, Jun 6, 9:31am
I've heard of people using Chux cloths successfully. Let us know how it works out please.

duce3, Jun 6, 10:31am
ok I'll give it a go tomorrow

duce3, Jun 7, 8:02am
well I tried the chux cloth today and it didn't work for the persimmon pulp.The pulp seemed to thick to drip through.I finally squeezed it and got some out.I will not be making jelly from it.I'm going to freeze the pulp to use in cakes and biscuits.I am very tempted to make a persimmon pie like pumpkin pie.