Jelly Tip Ice Creams

Page 1 / 2
clelandstimber, Mar 23, 1:04am
This may be a strange request but I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the jelly like the jelly you get in the top of a jelly tip ice cream.
My partner said I would get a massage every night for a week if I could re-create it! So very tempted to try create it.
Would normal jelly in the freezer create something similar? Any ideas

cookessentials, Mar 23, 1:15am
No, normal jelly would be too soft and would collapse. I think many of us over the years have wanted to know the answer to this very question LOL

clelandstimber, Mar 23, 1:48am
Yeah its just doesn't taste like normal Jelly and my partner doesn't believe you are able to re-create it at home! I would like to prove him wrong but maybe it won't be possible

rarogal, Mar 23, 2:01am
Lol, good luck - my hubby's favourite also!!

kinna54, Mar 23, 2:20am
hmm. It is more like a turkish delight type of jelly isn't it., only not quite as stiff. Perhaps look at variations in something along that line?
If you get it right definitely post it please!

shop-a-holic, Mar 23, 4:18am
You can but you have to cheat a bit.

deus701, Mar 23, 4:19am
Yes I do..but what is it in for me?

jessie981, Mar 23, 4:54am
Trying to remember. Was a news item on TV1 either late last week or Monday this week. Reporter went to the factory& they made Jelly Tip bombs. Was the Good Morning programme where they go to Reporters in different towns. Hope this helps. Good luck.

jessie981, Mar 23, 5:10am
Ooops too late to edit. Was Breakfast & would have been around the 8 amish

sue1955, Mar 23, 6:23am

jessie981, Mar 23, 6:27am
That's the programme. Clever you!

pickles7, Mar 23, 6:34am
Agar,would be my bet.

clelandstimber, Mar 23, 9:12pm
Thanks for all the comments will let you know how its goes if I have any luck

clelandstimber, Mar 24, 1:04am
This may be a strange request but I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the jelly like the jelly you get in the top of a jelly tip ice cream.
My partner said I would get a massage every night for a week if I could re-create it! So very tempted to try create it.
Would normal jelly in the freezer create something similar! Any ideas

clelandstimber, Mar 24, 1:48am
Yeah its just doesn't taste like normal Jelly and my partner doesn't believe you are able to re-create it at home! I would like to prove him wrong but maybe it won't be possible

rarogal, Mar 24, 2:01am
Lol, good luck - my hubby's favourite also!

kinna54, Mar 24, 2:20am
hmm. It is more like a turkish delight type of jelly isn't it., only not quite as stiff. Perhaps look at variations in something along that line!
If you get it right definitely post it please!

deus701, Mar 24, 4:19am
Yes I do.but what is it in for me!

laser51, Mar 24, 6:06am
If all else fails try this, it is a recipe I got from TM cooks, haven't tried it myself but sounds nice

laser51, Mar 24, 6:07am
Ooppps forgot to paste it before posting duhhh lol

HomeMade jelly tip icecream

make 1 raspberry jelly and set in an empty icecream container, then when set make up the icecream by mixing 1 pottle of whipped cream with 1 tin of condensed milk and add 1/2 cup of choc chips or chopped choc melts mix together and pour over top of the set jelly when that is set drizzle some hot choc over the top (made the same as the banana choc mix) divine good enough for any dinner party and then kids will love it, a specail treat in the summer is to make these up in tupperware iceblock moulds or the cheap $2 ones from the $2 shop. GR8 suprise for them after school but try it its divine

jessie981, Mar 24, 6:10am
As I always say, add 1tsp of Citric Acid to jelly. Brings out the flavour.

sue1955, Mar 24, 6:23am

jessie981, Mar 24, 6:27am
That's the programme. Clever you!

4macmonkies, Mar 25, 12:23am
I have successfully made these using just a 1/3 the required amount of water needed for the jelly mix.I thought they worked quite well and the kids loved them

laser51, Mar 25, 6:06am
If all else fails try this, it is a recipe I got from TM cooks, haven't tried it myself but sounds nice