Lemon Cream Cheese Ice Cream

wasala, Jan 19, 3:57am
My mum's lost a recipe she had for years. It's a delicious lemon cream cheese ice cream and all she can remember is that it had 2 tubs of cream cheese, lemon rind and juice - and maybe eggs. Does this ring a bell with anybody? I've googled, but everything I've found is much more complex and involved. The beauty of her old recipe was its simplicity!

lil_angel_kel, Jan 19, 6:34am
Bump...cos i wanna steal the recipe hehe :P

wasala, Jan 19, 7:07am
I've been making a 'Frozen Lemon Cheesecake' lately and I think that's what reminded her. Try this - it's gorgeous and oh, so simple!

75g butter, melted
1 250g packet malt or plain sweet biscuits
393g can sweetened condensed milk
500g cream cheese
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice

1. Place butter and biscuits in a food processor and pulse to a crumb consistency.

2. Press crumbs over the base and sides of a 24cm fluted flan pan. It will be easier to serve if it has a removable base.

3. Place condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon rind and juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth.

4. Pour mixture over the biscuit base and freeze until set.

lil_angel_kel, Jan 19, 7:56am
OMG that sounds devine! Im having friends over for dinner next week, so I might try this :)What do you usually have it with? :)

lindylambchops1, Feb 14, 6:05am
Cream Cheese Ice Cream Gourmet | April 2003

Active time: 5 min Start to finish: 2 1/2 hr (includes freezing)
Yield: Makes about 1 qt
ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup heavy cream

Special equipment: an ice cream maker
preparation

Blend cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, sugar, and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, then stir in cream. Freeze cream cheese mixture in ice cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours. Let ice cream soften 5 minutes before serving.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/printerfriendly/Cream-Cheese-Ice-Cream-107998#ixzz1BYAepWJi