Brandy snap ice cream does anyone know.?

bigboy01, Dec 1, 11:00pm
I have been looking through soo many books and reading this and can't think where i seen the receipe of brandy snap icecream, yes i know to bookmark my ideas i want to make but didn't. :-(

pam.delilah, Dec 1, 11:22pm
Brandy Snap Ice-cream
Ingredients
125ml full-fat milk
625ml cream
130g / 2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
4 egg yolks
3 Tbsp golden syrup
2-3 packets of brandy snaps (or your own homemade ones!)

Warm the milk, 125ml of the cream, sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan. Pour the remaining cream into a large bowl, set a strainer/sieve over the top, and set aside. Whisk the egg yolks in another bowl. When the milk is warm, gradually pour over the yolks, whisking constantly (this is to gradually warm the yolks and prevent them going lumpy).

Pour theegg mixture back into the saucepan, and stir constantly over a medium heat, scraping the bottom as you go, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Strain the mixture into the cream, then warm the golden syrup and stir it in. Chill the mixture overnight, then churn in your ice-cream maker. When thick and creamy pipe into brandy snaps, or break them into small pieces and mix through.

If you don’t have an ice cream maker, put the ice-cream in the freezer in a bowl and stir vigorously with a fork every half hour until it starts to firm up.

bigboy01, Dec 1, 11:26pm
Thank you...............sounds awesome..!

rosathemad, Dec 2, 12:23am
From my site here: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/10/brandy-snap-ice-cream.html

(making assumptions Pam, but as it looks like my recipe...)

pam.delilah, Dec 2, 4:15am
I do apologize that I did not credit the recipe to you. Only found it myself a few days ago and soo excited about it I wanted to share. I have put you e mail link to the recipe to remind me to do it, Pam

rosathemad, Sep 22, 9:55pm
Hey, no worries Pam, I didn't mean to sound short, I was in a bit of a rush and just wanted to put the link there (I know my photos aren't always the best but do like photos when I'm making recipes myself!). :-) Thanks for sharing it! I'm all about having more people eating yummy things. ;-)