Jelly Tip Ice Creams

Page 2 / 2
whitehead., Mar 25, 7:00am
try using less water and boiling the jelly for a short while good luck

whisper, Jun 19, 12:04pm
I've had this on my mind for years and years - how do you make the jelly tip jelly! I think I've come pretty close. I made mine with strawberry jelly, since that was what was in the cupboard - I plan on using Raspberry next time. I ended up with a smooth frozen jelly with a very similar look and texture to the legitimate jelly tip.

Started off with 1 packet of jelly and mixed it with 2 cups of boiling water. Then I mixed in 3 tablespoons of sugar and left it to cool a bit, then put it in the freezer. After about 1/2 an hour to 1 hour, just to let it get slightly firm I took it out and took to it with an egg beater to whip it up and get rid of the transparent, squishy jelly texture. Put it back in the freezer for an hour or two, take it out and whip it up again, then another hour or two and whip it again, then I left it to freeze.

I don't know if you need the sugar, I just got the impression that it was sweetened and I made sorbet once - the sugar made it a little more foamy and 'matte'. There's still plenty of room for experimentation on this one I think.

guest, Jul 29, 2:01am
I've heard you use a packet of cordial and make up the jelly as per the recipe? That's got plenty of sugar in it and you know how sweet tip top ice-cream is...any one tried it? I'm not able to eat anything cold for awhile so no point in making it.