Chicken breasts, what to do with for dinner....

korbo, Jun 17, 4:11am
have 500gm chicken breasts, not sure what to do with them. would like something different than just egg/breadcrubing them.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jun 17, 4:12am
what about stuffing them with capsicum pesto and cream cheese :) made these the other night very yumm

kinna54, Jun 17, 4:28am
Butter chicken? Chicken casserole? Flatten between two sheets of glad wrap and roll with a rolling pin, then add a filling and roll up like a roulade. Fillings can include an apricotand crean cheese mix, Mushroom bacon mix, herbed butter and garlic, anything really that will keep your chicken moist and flavoursome. Do not overcook.

speckle77, Jun 17, 6:18am
Creamy pasta? Got any bacon or mushroom to add? Penne pasta or fettuchine (sp?)
Wraps/taco - always good & easy
Stuffed with garlic butter &crumbed, or mushrooms, cheese&ham or anything
Filo parcels- so many fillings to pick from... whateever you have there.
Cranberry & brie pizza
Chicken quiche or pie
Chicken pasta bake

melanie007, Jun 17, 6:37am
Yummy chkn recipe LEMON CHILLI CHICKEN WITH CORIANDER
3T lemon juuice
chicken breasts x 4 @ 140gm each
1 tsp ground coriander
chilli flakes to taste
1 c uncooked long grain rice -
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch fresh coriander
2 T ginger, grated
1 t oil
250 chicken stock
1/2 t tumeric
2 t ground cumin,
cooking oil spray
1. coat non stick pan with cooking spray, fry cubed chicken pieces until golden. remove put in bowl
2. Heat oil, add ginger, garlic and 1/2 c water cook 2 mins
3.add fresh and ground coriander, chilli, tumeric and cumin another 2 mins
4. Return chicken to the pan, add stock, lemon juice and season, reduce heat andcook another 10 mins.
Serves 4 with the cooked 1 cup of rice
Old ww points 6.5, so good and the family loves it

motorbo, Jun 17, 6:40am
cut thru middle to make 2 or 3 flat breasts, marinate in lemon juice and rind, olive oil and thyme - can be dried, and ginger mix through leave for at least half and hour and bbq or grill or pan fry...delish

fee1965, Jun 17, 7:37am
this is amazing!
Flatten till even thickness.Season and add a sprig of fresh thyme OR 2 fresh sage leaves on 1 side.Sprinke with grated parmesan and lay a pice of prosciutto on top of this.Pan fry in hot pan prosciutto side down for 2 mins till golden, turn over and place whole pan in oven for 10 mins.

beaker59, Jun 17, 7:49am
For something really tasty and simple just cut the chicken into finger sized strips put in a bowl and squeeze half a lemon over them stir then prepare a salad. drain the lemon juice and add one beaten egg to the chicken and plenty of salt stir well and rest for 5 minutes while the pan is heating fry quickly in butter til golden brown but don't overcook these do cook very fast so careful then serve over the salad particularly nice with a home made mayo with plenty of lemon juice in it and very low carb :)

I also sometimes reder down the skins that came off the breasts and fry it in the chicken fat :)

korbo, Jun 17, 10:32am
thanks for suggestions...they were not breasts, but bits. so found a tin of apricot chicken mix, poured that over, popped in the oven with the spuds boiled some peas, and dinner was yummy.

iman007, Jun 17, 11:47pm
make chicken croquettes, different and very yummy, yell out if you want my recipe, made em yesterday.

tabitha, Jun 18, 1:05am
iman - yes please!

iman007, Jun 18, 1:45am
i used 2 large chicken breasts, cut up chunks and boil til cooked
Take chkn out and leave a cup of water chkn was boiled in and add 2 teaspoons gelatine.Put aside.
grab a pot and make a roux of
3 oz butter, when bubbling stir in 2 desertspoons flour, cook 1 minute
Put aside and add 2/3 cup cream, dessertspoon parsly, pinch cayenne, teaspoon mustard powder and the gelatine stock, reheat til thickened. I use a wizz to chop fine the chkn and then add to mix.Stir and pour onto a tray, i use my bacon n egg dish,refrigerate until firm.
This is the fun part if you got kids
get 3 bowls, 1 with some flour, 1 with 2 eggs and milk to make a light batter and 1 with breadcrumbs, i prefer wholemeal.Cut 75mm strips and roll into croquettes, roll in flour, dip in egg wash then crumb, repeat egg and crumb again. Refrigerate until firm again.Then deep fry or shallow if need be.I serve with english mustard and sliced tomatoes.It might seem hard, but these are to die for.When i have people over they always ask for them.
Try them, let me know

iman007, Jun 18, 1:47am
anyone from ch ch been to pedros?? Before the quake??