What's for dinner, tonight?

Page 1 / 6
charlieb2, Aug 8, 5:47am
Often see these threads over in Parenting and thought it seems mad that we dont have one here on a permanent basis.

Post your dinner ideas... you might inspire someone with your creation!

Tonight on the menu is comfort food for the menfolk, lol

Cottage Pie here!

margyr, Aug 8, 5:49am
roast lamb, roast pumpkin, potato and kumera, cabbage and silverbeet and gravy, with mint sauce as well. Yum, considering I have not cooked a proper tea since Wed I thought I had better cook tonight.

charlieb2, Aug 8, 5:51am
Sounds delish margyr... . Hope you enjoy it! ! !

rema, Aug 8, 5:52am
Steak, salad and deep fried potatoes in this household

nfh1, Aug 8, 5:53am
I have in the SC, rump steak, mushrooms, celery, tomatoes with a Continental Sachet (don't tell) and I have just popped some potatoes in. It smells lovely and I just need to peel some carrots and a wash the brocolli and all done!

vintagekitty, Aug 8, 5:54am
Fresh spagetti, meatballs in a tomato sauce, greek salad and garlic bread.

charlieb2, Aug 8, 5:56am
Meh... . whats a little sachet amongst friends...

charlieb2, Aug 8, 5:56am
I LOVE greek salad vintagekitty!

royale84, Aug 8, 5:58am
A bit slack on preparing anything, we are having home made burgers. They are quick and easy

winnie231, Aug 8, 6:03am
Comfort food for me tonight ... bacon bones + soup mix + veg galore + few hours of cooking & tlc = a cuddle on the inside!

elliehen, Aug 8, 6:08am
Similar here - Fish Pie! No inspiration...

charlieb2, Aug 8, 6:08am
You'll be missing the family, winnie!

Royale84. . I wouldnt say homemade burgers were slack... . . The kids love them here

charlieb2, Aug 8, 6:09am
We had fish pie two nights ago elliehen...

I've just realised there is a mashed potato theme recurring here. . Oppss

vintagekitty, Aug 8, 6:14am
same! with wedges of course

winnie231, Aug 8, 6:17am
I need the cuddle tonight charlieb ... sitting here by myself ... just talked to daughter earlier & my cat (who is old & wouldn't have coped with the move) hasn't been seen for 2 days :(

charlieb2, Aug 8, 6:19am
awwww winnie... Thats awful... . You'll be feeling quite miserable... . and this darn weather doesnt help... ... We'll have to meet up soon and you can have a hug with my crazy new puppy! ! He'll even give you a 'kiss'... .

charlieb2, Aug 8, 6:20am
He's about the size of a large cat at the moment...

http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/98/138465598_full. jp
g

Hopefully your puss is just off in a sulk, cos Mums disappeared...

winnie231, Aug 8, 6:23am
The soup helped!
Puppy kisses would be lovely too! ! !
Going to help my mother pick a new kitten once she's back from holiday in 2 weeks. As for my darling - she may come back yet ... or she may have gone for a long walk on the beach - to a better place.

winnie231, Aug 8, 6:24am
Awwww ... Very, very cute charlieb! ! !

nfh1, Aug 8, 6:25am
He is just beautiful, what is he?

Sorry about your cat winnie - hopefully he will find his way back.

charlieb2, Aug 8, 6:27am
He's a huntaway crosswith a beared collie/airedale cross... .

A real bitza... .

Winnie, we had our lovely old dog put to sleep in January. . If I'd had the choice, I'd much rather she's wandered off and tucked herself up somewhere peacefully. The unknown is the worst, but if thats what happened at least your old lovely knew it was time to 'take a nap'.

fisher, Aug 8, 7:43am
Braised steak and onions... sick of smoked snapper wings... .

winnie231, Aug 9, 1:16am
I wish good food could be passed through cyber space ... I'd happily take some of those smoked snapper wings off your hands fisher lol! ! !

As for dinner tonight - now I want fish!
There's the last of my mother's home grown spuds that need using so I am thinking fish pie is on the menu.

alex677, Aug 9, 1:19am
try this out for dinner, quick and easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=0ZKp6khYMkU

darlingmole, Aug 9, 1:52am
having just watched that link alex I guess I'll be having omellette! !
However the rest of the family are having pie and chips (NO inspiration this end due to empty freezer)