Murder Mystery Dinner

taniajane, Jun 9, 8:49pm
Hi All.
Im looking at hosting one and only have a vague idea of what i need to do!
We are doing it as entertainment and as a icebreaker at a conference and im hoping some of you might have suggestions of how to run this.
So far im thinking clues per table, little montages to add clues and entertainment but not really sure how to make it a whole cohesive mystery!

Ive been googleing away but would love to hear any suggestion from people out there who might have hosted such a party or taken part.

kiwitrish, Jun 9, 9:10pm
I bought a game from TM.Used it at a dinner party.It was great fun.Have a look at this listing. 381941107

shazzie10, Jun 9, 9:57pm
We did a "old southern" one and it was great fun.I believe it is better in a small group with a few people facilitating it to keep it going.The folks who hosted ours had done it before and learnt from their mistakes.They got a complete kit from the net and it was really professionally done.We all dressed up and some people even put on the southern accent, etc, etc,We had a bbq, tables covered in gingham material, place set up like a bar, etc, etc.To do it properly takes some organisation... The funny thing with ours, was the guy who was murdered "didn't die".He didn't read his script properly and when the baloon was burst (for gun) and lights turned off (so he could like down like a dead person), it didn't happen.In the end the host told him he was dead and act dead.lol...There are many themes available...

guest, Jun 10, 2:58am
Very good fun. We had a hoot with our Wild West one... did Southern Fried Chicken, chilli etc. Everyone dressed up as well - the best bit was when one of the guests (dressed as a hooker) answered the door to two Jehovah's Witnesses. lol

litedelites, Jun 10, 3:43am
We have done lots from the games over the years, but you can also get people who run these events as well.It can take some doing to keep everyone on track - as per above post.So no matter what you do you need to have a host.T

bewelman, Jun 10, 7:06am
Thanks.Looking at 300 women with a glam, 1920's thing going on.Im hunting down someone to help me with a scrip for our core players but is making in interactive with the tables of people, not just entertainment but meeting new people as well.
Ive seen the listing for that thanks kiwitrish.Ive my eye on it!

juliewn, Jun 10, 9:52am
Quote. The funny thing with ours, was the guy who was murdered "didn't die".He didn't read his script properly and when the balloon was burst (for gun) and lights turned off (so he could like down like a dead person), it didn't happen.In the end the host told him he was dead and act dead.lol...

I'm guessing everyone burst into laughter when he didn't 'die'!

shazzie10, Jun 10, 9:57pm
We did a "old southern" one and it was great fun.I believe it is better in a small group with a few people facilitating it to keep it going.The folks who hosted ours had done it before and learnt from their mistakes.They got a complete kit from the net and it was really professionally done.We all dressed up and some people even put on the southern accent, etc, etc,We had a bbq, tables covered in gingham material, place set up like a bar, etc, etc.To do it properly takes some organisation. The funny thing with ours, was the guy who was murdered "didn't die".He didn't read his script properly and when the baloon was burst (for gun) and lights turned off (so he could like down like a dead person), it didn't happen.In the end the host told him he was dead and act dead.lol.There are many themes available.

bewelman, Jun 11, 7:06am
Thanks.Looking at 300 women with a glam, 1920's thing going on.Im hunting down someone to help me with a scrip for our core players but is making in interactive with the tables of people, not just entertainment but meeting new people as well.
Ive seen the listing for that thanks kiwitrish.Ive my eye on it!

juliewn, Jun 11, 9:52am
Quote. The funny thing with ours, was the guy who was murdered "didn't die".He didn't read his script properly and when the balloon was burst (for gun) and lights turned off (so he could like down like a dead person), it didn't happen.In the end the host told him he was dead and act dead.lol.

I'm guessing everyone burst into laughter when he didn't 'die'!