Horsemeat stew.

Page 2 / 4
cutezie, May 3, 5:02am
Chinese take aways use horse meat. If it is called steak will more likely than not willbe horse meat. Not advertised as beef but steak

howdy21, May 3, 8:32am
Oh my god! ! Has anyone else heard that chinese takeaways use horsemeat in lieu of beef? Are they allowed?

anne1955, May 3, 10:26am
I know in
poW camps my father ate it and said it was fine! ! I've eaten a lot of things possum and other things guess slow cook is the answer... . do you eat the Sealords Tuna in a meal? Well don't know the poster of this...

anne1955, May 3, 10:30am
No not as such but in the early 80's we use to have a few each week closed for selling cat... and the same period I small burger bar that was supply a lot of top plces god charged for doing let's say non nice theings in the salad dressing I working In QT for a towel supply and if I told you waht I picked up in some of the top eating places you will never eat out again. . so leave the poster of this alone until we know the full story...

lilyfield, May 3, 10:33am
absolutely nothing wrong with horse meat. Nicer than pig

uli, Feb 3, 3:17am
bump for horse (meat) lovers

seagull33, Feb 3, 3:24am
I still feed my cat horsemeat - look at the ingrediant list on a packet of 'economy' meat.

lindylambchops1, Feb 3, 4:11am
Time to go vegetarian!

pickles7, Feb 3, 4:18am
I must say someone offered me a bit of ass, once. I thought they were just horsing around.

elliehen, Feb 3, 5:34am
If horse meat, then why not dog or cat flesh!

However.the symbiotic relationship of people and animals is only just beginning to be explored.A dog might save a life in other ways than by alerting the household to a fire, or dragging a drowning victim to the riverbank.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/8755329/dogs-can-sniff-out-colon-cancer-scientists/

elliehen, Feb 3, 5:34am
If horse meat, then why not dog or cat flesh?

However....the symbiotic relationship of people and animals is only just beginning to be explored.A dog might save a life in other ways than by alerting the household to a fire, or dragging a drowning victim to the riverbank.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/8755329/dogs-can-sniff-out-colon-cancer-scientists/

eleanornz, Feb 3, 5:45am
Don't we export horsemeat to Europe, i.e. -the Netherlands! I understand they are usually young, failed racehorses. A practice not publicised for obvious reasons.

eleanornz, Feb 3, 5:45am
Don't we export horsemeat to Europe, i.e. -the Netherlands? I understand they are usually young, failed racehorses. A practice not publicised for obvious reasons.

frances1266, Feb 3, 5:49am
One day we may evolve into civilised human beings.

lythande1, Feb 3, 6:02am
My mum says it's quite sweet, have to say I look at the cats horsemeat and am rather impressed, it's like venison.
Whats the difference! You people eating little lambies and chooks trapped in tiny cages.

mudguts1, Feb 3, 6:21am
porterhorse steak is luvly!

mudguts1, Feb 3, 6:21am
porterhorse steak is luvly!!!

anne1955, Feb 3, 6:49am
Not sure I'd do horse but as I said father did in WW2I love rabbit and bambie :) and roo and when I can buy rabbit it's 20.00 each no chance.roo well damn hard to get here.and bambie have to wait till I get given it.

ant_sonja, Feb 3, 6:49am
I've most likely eaten it as a kid, growing up in germany it was quite a common meat as well as venison. Late 70's & 80's.No different to eating cow/deer or any other large mammal.

anne1955, Feb 3, 6:49am
Not sure I'd do horse but as I said father did in WW2I love rabbit and bambie :) and roo and when I can buy rabbit it's 20.00 each no chance..roo well damn hard to get here..and bambie have to wait till I get given it..

winnie15, Feb 3, 6:55am
oops wrong thread

winnie15, Feb 3, 6:55am
we had homemade steak pie with mashed speds and peas

kiwifidget, Feb 3, 6:59am
They are the national dish in Peru!

uli, Feb 3, 8:15am
for the cat!

uli, Feb 3, 8:17am
Because a horse eats grass just like beef and mutton.
Dogs and cats are meat eaters - and I would not eat them until I would be starving.