Vension stew

angie117, Mar 8, 6:30am
Anyone got a tried and true recipe for vension stew.

lissy73, Mar 8, 6:35am
We eat venison all the time, I use beef recipes.

korbo, Mar 8, 6:59am
we eat a lot of venison, and i just cook it as if it were beef too.
If I am cooking a leg, hubby bones it, we make an ordinary stuffing, adding lemon peper and couple tblspn of crushed pineapple, and then more lemon pepper over top. sometimes lay strips of bacon.
dont over cook tho.

rainrain1, Mar 8, 7:03am
Venison stew can be tasteless.Put in some red wine, mushrooms, tomato paste and a sprig or 2 of Rosemary, bacon pieces, onion,

ant_sonja, Mar 8, 7:25pm
I treat it pretty much like beef also - I add cloves, juniper berries, garlic, beef or venison stock, red wine & sometimes cranberries or sultanas and a little dark chocolate - very much a winter dish - yum :-)

crsdbl, Mar 9, 3:36am
x1
sounds revolting but its seriously delicious.

coca cola stew.

1c or 1can coke.
1pckt tomato soup mixed with 1c water
a couple of cloves of garlic chooped up
1 chopped up onion.

i coat the meat in a little flour then quickly fry. bung it in an oven dish, add in other ingredients. give it a but of a mix,
bake at about 175 for about an hour or so.

im not sure on exact cooking times, i just wing it most of the time.

its also delicious with beef. the result is incredibly tender meat in a rich sweet gravy.

karenz, Mar 9, 4:00am
I cut it into cubes, coat it with cornflour and pan fry in a mild oil (or you could use butter or a butter/oil mix), take out of the pan and cook diced onions, a little garlic,then halved button mushrooms and a quarter teaspoon of juniper berries, cook for a few minutes, put the venison back in and add a dash of red wine, when that evaporates add a tin of crushed tomatoes. Bring to the boil and gently simmer until meat is tender.This is really nice with mashed potatoes and green beans.

vmare, Mar 9, 4:03am
We eat more venison then anything else. Use any beef recipe. I'm careful not to overcook steak and roasts, they dry out easy as it's a very lean meat. You can hardly go wrong with stew though, the red wine and mushroom idea sounds yum. Coke hmmm... would have to try it I guess, sounds interesting.

vmare, Mar 10, 4:03am
We eat more venison then anything else. Use any beef recipe. I'm careful not to overcook steak and roasts, they dry out easy as it's a very lean meat. You can hardly go wrong with stew though, the red wine and mushroom idea sounds yum. Coke hmmm. would have to try it I guess, sounds interesting.

natasha, Apr 24, 2:11am
With the coca cola recipe, can you add carrots and potatoes? How much would you add with this dish? Also, how much meat am I using and how many will it feed? thanks