What's the worst meal you've ever eaten!

Page 2 / 7
kuaka, Nov 13, 8:11pm
First time my mil cooked asparagus she cut the heads off, threw them away (because she thought the asparagus had gone to seed!) and just cooked the stalks.

tielfan, Nov 13, 8:14pm
Fish in a bag with white sauce.Every day at 5.30AM before setting off for college.Revolting but Dad swore it was doing me good.Blerk.I was so happy to leave school.

scout_6001, Nov 13, 8:35pm
I had lycee's once in a restaurant, and couldn't stomach them so got rid of them into a serviette.My husband didn't see this, when he picked up the serviette later on to wipe his hands, he was disgusted, he thought I had blown my nose on it.

vermox, Nov 14, 3:46am
Rice which was only half-cooked and still was in water so the water was tipped off (poorly so it was still drenched) mixed with cold spam. My dad called it 'flatter's dinner'. I'm flatting and I've never tasted anything that nasty. Even the dog wouldn't eat it.

carriebradshaw, Nov 14, 4:07am
On our way to Wellington recently,we stopped in a Foxton for lunch,Went to this cafe and DH and I had the worst meal.It was so awful whenever I think about it I feel sick.I had quiche and salad and the quiche was like rubber and it tasted like powdered egg,the salad wasnt much better.DH had cottage pie and it was just a plate of slop.

emmapear, Nov 14, 5:21am
No I never had that.sounds BAD

dippychik, Nov 14, 5:45am
I take back my previous meals. Porrige toasties and pasta pudding were two boarding school specials. The toasties came as a Sunday lunch once when they forgot to feed us the porrige for breakfast, and the pasta pudding was like rice pudding made with macaroni! ewwww

kinna54, Nov 14, 6:10am
got invited to a hunter friends house for dinner.
First course. trout. Was absolutely gross! as he had attempted to fillet it, and made a right hash of it, by the time you picked out the bones there was nothing left.
2nd course was roast duck, served with sauteed cabbage. DH found a piece of slug in his cabbage. And the duck was revolting. He had cooked it in butter.greasy, and was full of pellets.

buzzy110, Nov 14, 6:20am
A puke inducing rare pork fillet meal. Pork from farm raised male pigs has a hideous odour - like a tom cat on the prowl, and I was unlucky enough to be served this at a dinner party. And no way would they cook it well done for me. Blerk. Some people just have no palate.

emmapear, Nov 14, 6:23am
They used to mix baked beans and spaghetti together and serve it for lunch.

litedelites, Nov 14, 7:02am
Mine would have to be when I went out for tea at a Christchurch restaurant and I had a fly in my meal.Never been back to this restaurant since, due to to how they dealt with it.

tullyann, Nov 14, 8:43am
Zac Guilford had this andNex minnit !

kuaka, Nov 14, 10:02am
Oh, and I've just remembered the time a group of about 25 adults and half a dozen children went camping on an island which had no electricity or tap water.We went for a week or 10 days (I forget now) but the food planning and preparation was quite something.On the last morning, the organiser decided to cook breakfast for us all which consisted of opening every can of savoury food which was left and putting the whole lot together in a large pot, and when it was all heated through, mixing the last few eggs in it.There was peas, beans, sweetcorn, baked beans, spaghetti, beetroot, tomatoes, all mixed together and then at the last minute he added the eggs.I could have eaten a can of cold peas, or cold baked beans or cold sweetcorn, even cold beetroot, but what was served up looked like something the dog had chucked up.It was disgusting.

Porridge toasties sound interesting - NOT.

valentino, Nov 14, 7:25pm
Not the worst meal but a terrible one re price and name of cuts.

Last weekend was feeling for something quick to go with a salad - meat wise, a quick visit up the road to the local Pak'n'save and had these "Minute Steaks", they were so much like Cardboard and very dry even after a quck light cook that not even half of them got eaten, awaiting rubbish bin or perhaps freeze and then re-cook via a slowcooker with sometghing else - No, they were turfed, got to have some moral values going. Cheers.

P>S> They will get a not-so-nice note from me later this week, and go back to my normal suppliers.

momma1, Nov 14, 8:02pm
its not a meal but my sister inlaw welcomed us to australia with this putrid cheese on toast thing she'd made using a packet of powered soup. my god, i couldn't keep it down. absolutely awful and she went about acting like she'd done us this favour by cooking it. Reading it now it seems i'm a nasty sister inlaw too but she couldn't cook and i had tried to help, she wouldn't eat garlic or onion and said only poor people ate brocoli stalks, she'd get a head, cut off only the florets, chuck the rest away!

craig04, Nov 14, 9:27pm
Some of the meals we got served in the hostel cafeteria when I was a student were pretty horrific. I remember 'submarine steak' as being particularly bad - a sort of braised steak using the cheapest cut of gristly fatty steak available with an inch of fat floating on the top - bluurk! We staged a protest mid-year and got a salad bar with about 8 different salads so that if we couldn't stomach the main meal, at least we could eat salad

uli, Nov 14, 9:43pm
The worst meals I had in hospital - the place where you are supposed to get fit and healthy again - not so! *blerk*

Found out later that the company that had the contract for the hospital food at the time also had the contract for the nearby prison .

crystalmoon, Nov 14, 9:45pm
Hahahaha this thread brought back flash backs to when I was about 6 or 7 and our older sister who would have been 13-14yrs then decided to be creative in the kitchen and for breakfast made us scrambled eggs with Banana in it, yes I said banana,it still makes me want to puke just thinking about lolz.Nice one sis and she had the check to make us eat it all :)

craig04, Nov 14, 9:46pm
Actually the food at Waitakere Hospital is pretty disgusting too and it seems to get worse every year, I have to be pretty desperate to get anything to eat at work! In fact when I was having my daughter I had to go in to Waitakere hospital for an induction and had the experience of a patient's meal there, I went into labour about 2hrs later and vomited the whole lot back up again. Fortunately I transferred to the Parnell Birthcare and spent 3 days eating like a queen after that!

sarahb5, Nov 14, 9:49pm
Christmas dinner as cooked by my MIL - bless her cotton socks!She thought she was being nice by inviting us for Christmas dinner because we had a newborn and a 3 year old but she is a terrible cook - dry, dry chicken, chewy roast potatoes, over-cooked veg, etc.But she meant well and at least it was something I didn't have to worry about.

uli, Nov 14, 9:49pm
I make banana pancakes with cinnamon regularly when we have a huge bunch ready to harvest. Nobody ever puked - they all wanted more :)

kuaka, Nov 14, 9:59pm
eeew - and is she a good cook now!

kuaka, Nov 14, 10:00pm
I'm thinking banana pancakes would be quite nice as opposed to scrambled egg with bananas in it, unless your pancakes are just like scrambled eggs.

motorbo, Nov 15, 1:55am
oh thanks for the laugh it sounds awful

buzzy110, Nov 15, 2:11am
In my first job I worked with some very creative, artistic people. One day, one of my bosses spoke to me for about ½hr about the making of a banana omelette. I rushed home and tried out the recipe and man it was GOOD. I still make them sometimes. I wonder what your sister did wrong.