Making a meal for a family going through hard time

_sloth_, Mar 12, 10:19pm
Hi - some help would be much appreciated! I want to make a meal for a family going through a hard time. Would like to do something they can heat up tonight. I am not too sure how much meat etc they eat these days though, so any sugestions? I thought of vegetable lasagne but I am a vegetarian so would be happy with that myself, not sure if a meat eater would though....Thanks!

cj707, Mar 12, 10:23pm
Potato bake with cheese sauce and eggs in with some cauli and broccolli.And breadcrumbs and tomato on top.

cgvl, Mar 12, 10:25pm
I am sure the family you are wanting to cook for will appreciate whatever you make. I know I would.
This is what I have made before for others: a nice casserole, full of vegies but dont put mushrooms in it, not everyone likes them.
A savoury sausage dish eg golden sausages,
Your lasagne sounds nice or do one with mince.

elliehen, Mar 12, 10:26pm
That's really good comfort food.

jo-ann, Mar 12, 10:29pm
Do a 50/50 meat veg lasagna.

toadfish, Mar 12, 10:43pm
Sounds perfect to me...

Although anything you take over will show you care

kinna54, Mar 13, 12:10am
What about a vege quiche,(there are some economical ones around) or maybe a
fish pie, hot pot, macaroni cheese pasta bake., and maybe some nice bread.
As in other postings I'm sure anything will be appreciated. What a nice person to do what you are doing. The world needs more like you.

karenz, Mar 13, 12:52am
How about nice thick vegetable soup and crusty bread.You can also add a cooked mince layer to a potato bake.

elliehen, Mar 13, 10:26pm
That's really good comfort food.

toadfish, Mar 13, 10:43pm
Sounds perfect to me.

Although anything you take over will show you care

kinna54, Mar 14, 12:10am
What about a vege quiche,(there are some economical ones around) or maybe a
fish pie, hot pot, macaroni cheese pasta bake., and maybe some nice bread.
As in other postings I'm sure anything will be appreciated. What a nice person to do what you are doing. The world needs more like you.