What's the worst meal you've ever eaten!

Page 7 / 7
crunchie3, Oct 26, 8:43am
Bwahahahaha! This made me laugh out loud : - )

bambi58, Oct 26, 11:47am
Probably the very worst was- you guessed it - a hospital meal. I have an allergy to all the deadly Nightshade family, that's potatoes, tomatoes, capsicums, eggplant, tamarillos chiilies etc.,and I absolutely loathe pork. So when I was served a meal of mashed potatoes & pork casserole which was made with tomatoes & capsicums, I couldn't eat any of it. For a replacement meal I was given a very small slice of watermelon, and a half a banana. I'm not kidding, that was supposed to be my dinner. I ended up with a cheese sandwich which one of the nurses made for me.
Another memorable hospital meal was being given a boil up of fish heads. Yerch!

toadfish, Oct 26, 6:41pm
me too lol

firefly001, Oct 27, 6:57am
Many moons ago, late at night after drinking, hubby cooked up some beef minceHe added lots of mint sauce and as a side dish we had chips deep fried in dripping and he knows I hate dripping and mint sauce - I think I ate some of it cos I was starving and drunk.And now I get to remind him about what a horrible meal it was but he thinks if you don't try different things you'll never stumble onto something amazing!

martine5, Oct 29, 6:26am
I am hearing your pain, as kids we had someone looking after us while our folks were overseas and she made the pasta version of rice pudding as well, with one nasty addition - it was wholemeal pasta.Jeeze it was dreadful.

bigsneak, Oct 29, 8:26am
Skate wings I am still traumatised!

kuaka, Oct 29, 11:05am
Years ago our next door neighbour told us that if you spear the skate wings with a stainless steel pipe so that you cut circles of flesh out of them, and fry the circles gently in butter, they taste like scallops.Not sure about that, but we caught one once and put it in the freezer, and when we defrosted it and cooked it, it tasted revolting.Apparently they don't freeze well because it brings out the ammonia in them or something.

jessie981, Oct 29, 11:16am
One we had tonight was pretty tasteless, bought Chicken Chow Mein.