What's the worst meal you've ever eaten!

Page 1 / 7
fishabenny, Oct 19, 7:30am
I had Chicken Maryland for dinner at the Cobb and Co in Palmerston North. That was about thirty years ago and I still remember it, it was sooo bad!

carlosjackal, Oct 19, 7:50am
When I was aged about 9 or 10yrs I had a Sunday roast with my girlfriend and her family. It was THE worst meal I've ever eaten; it was mutton roasted in dripping. I recall almost gagging and forcing it down (just to be polite) and later when i got home I vomitted the whole lot up - needless to say I haven't (and won't) touch dripping ever again in my life! The taste of dripping was disgusting! and whenever I've smelt it since (on the very rare occasion) it takes me back to that day.

jenjen76, Oct 19, 8:09am
roast beef cooked within an inch of being leather, served with gnocchi which had watties tomato sauce squirted over it.

kuaka, Nov 13, 7:35am
Just curious.I was thinking today about the time my first hubby and I called in to see some people we knew (not exactly friends, just acquaintances) and we were told we "must" stay for tea.We wished we hadn't.We were served fried eggs, baked beans, tinned beetroot and gravy all over the lot.

dippychik, Nov 13, 7:50am
Its a close tie between being given a "western breakfast" in Japan which consisted of dry bread doorstops, fried spam and a hardboiled egg which had been battered and deep fried, all topped with shredded seaweed and miso sauce. Or the other was once when a flatmate put too much milk in mashed spuds, so thickened it with flour. tasted like glue

pom-pom, Nov 13, 7:52am
Vegetarian friends asked us over. Hubby is not a big eater of his greens at the best of time and is a true carnivore so the pasta sauce comprising one tin of boiled tomatoes stirred through cooked from frozen mixed diced veg poured over spaghetti was a real hit with us! The wine was good though!

katje, Nov 13, 7:52am
boiled fish

elliehen, Nov 13, 7:54am
The one I had tonight ;)

I threw some spinach into a pot and added a can of basil tomatoes followed by some chunked monkfish.

It just didn't work.

pom-pom, Nov 13, 7:56am
I'll add another! Having just flown back from the UK with my 10 year old coeliac daughter she was delighted to be served breakfast at 2am comprising spicy fish, boiled rice and semi frozen gluten free rock hard dry pizza style bread. Surely airline chefs know this is what all kids crave for breakfast!!

susievb, Nov 13, 8:00am
Thai beef salad, I nothing wrong with the meal but it had plenty of coriander in it and I now know I Hate it and it dislikes me as I was real crook after eating it.

kassie48, Nov 13, 8:22am
Majority of meals at Boarding School, e.g dry lumpy mashed potatoes, cold beetroot & thick battered greasy fish (cold when served) every Friday.

nfh1, Nov 13, 8:24am
Before we emigrated we were on holiday here and some kind person recommended a Valentines to us.

purplegoanna, Nov 13, 8:35am
anything with galangal in it! sadly i starved myself before a thai wedding forseeing lots of yummy food, of which tasting all had this nasty spice added to them.spent the night eating rice pud and coloured dessert vermicilli!

purplegoanna, Nov 13, 8:36am
in the 80's Valentine's were awesome now theyre a 50/50 dice with a dose of food poisoning.

wynyard, Nov 13, 8:46am
Hospital food, it keeps you alive just.

omakaumum, Nov 13, 8:50am
first time i met my husbands mother she made fish and egg pie, I gagged the whole way through.

nfh1, Nov 13, 9:03am
This would be about 1995 I think, the motel owner said it was fantastic - but there was one here in Napier until about three years ago - never returned, once was enough!

waswoods, Nov 13, 9:18am
Just after we immigrated, we took my BIL there. It had been recommended to us by a few people. It was the worst restaurant experience I can remember

emmapear, Nov 13, 12:15pm
Boarding school food was REALLY bad. foul dry meat, over cooked veges, packet mix gravy, lumpy custard you name it we had it. One night there was a choc-mint mousse that had WAY too much mint essence added to it.

lilyfield, Nov 13, 6:14pm
one bite of a Mc Donalds burger

nzl99, Nov 13, 6:25pm
Oh gosh. I had a "friend" who fancies herself as a gourmet cook. most of her creations are revolting. including this vegetarian lasagne she dropped around to me once. I can't describe it beyond "really, really, seriously awful".I threw it out. blerk!

valentino, Nov 13, 7:25pm
Not the worst meal but a terrible one re price and name of cuts.

Last weekend was feeling for something quick to go with a salad - meat wise, a quick visit up the road to the local Pak'n'save and had these "Minute Steaks", they were so much like Cardboard and very dry even after a quck light cook that not even half of them got eaten, awaiting rubbish bin or perhaps freeze and then re-cook via a slowcooker with sometghing else - No, they were turfed, got to have some moral values going. Cheers.

P>S> They will get a not-so-nice note from me later this week.

kassie48, Nov 13, 7:29pm
Did you ever get served Scrambled Eggs made from egg powder. Once tasted never forgotten!

momma1, Nov 13, 8:02pm
its not a meal but my sister inlaw welcomed us to australia with this putrid cheese on toast thing she'd made using a packet of powered soup. my god, i couldn't keep it down. absolutely awful and she went about acting like she'd done us this favour by cooking it.

asue, Nov 13, 8:10pm
buffalo wings in Montana USA. But duh think about buffalos don't have wings.Really terrible