Whats for dinner tonight in this cold weather?

Page 1 / 3
tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 25, 11:09pm
We are having Mince on toast packed full of veges so miss 2 actually gets a good healthy dose :)

What about you?

isis., Mar 25, 11:10pm
We are having a girlie dvd and junk food night.

So probably fish and chips :)

corgi731, Mar 25, 11:19pm
I have to work, so i'm taking home made tomato soup and make a toastie sandwich....

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 25, 11:26pm
Ive been thinking about having some chicken soup for lunch. Good weather for it. Might have to pull a container out of the freezer. Gosh i cant remember the last time i had a toasted sandwich. Been so long. drool :)

taurus2005, Mar 25, 11:27pm
invited to a bbq tonight...........

lythande1, Mar 25, 11:29pm
Chicken nibbles in chilli sauce. Haven't decided on veges yet, probably stirfry.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 25, 11:30pm
hopefully you will have some good shelter :S our bbq has been rather lonely the last month

lilyfield, Mar 25, 11:30pm
curried carrot and orange soup.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 25, 11:31pm
chicken nibbles yumm! ironic that partner looked over my shoulder a moment ago and now wants them :) do you use a homemade chilli sauce recipe?

fifie, Mar 25, 11:35pm
Sweet and Sour beef, creamy mashed spudsgood old comfort food for a rainy cold day..

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 12:01am
do you happen to have a recipe for the sweet and sour beef? sounds delicious

fifie, Mar 26, 12:35am
I make it in C/pot.
Sweet and Sour Beef.
Stewing steak cut into chunky pieces.
Flour, 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
1/2 cup malt vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcester sauce
S/Pepper, carrots diced ,1 onion sliced.
1/2-1 cup water.
Turn C/Pot on to heat put carrots on bottom.
Toss meat in flour and s/p to coat seal in a pan with the oil add onions, toss till starting tobrown up add to C'Pot.
Mix vinegar, sauce, brown sugar, water, pour over meat so meat is almost covered and cook. add little more water if you have to, lid on and cook. If a little thin thicken with cornflour mixed with water1/2-3/4 hr before serving, taste, add more seasoning if needed, serve with mashed potatoes and your fav vegs.I put this on about 11am if using old crockpot cook on high, if using slow cooker which is quicker and hotter, switch it to auto..

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 12:41am
yum that sounds delicious will give it a go :) thank you

bigcous, Mar 26, 1:00am
homemade pizzas

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 3:18am
ive felt like pizza for the last week i think i might do them tomorow nite :)

lindylambchops1, Mar 26, 3:34am
Cold?!It has been 31C in Rangiora today!However, I am making a prawn curry for dinner tonight.Dessert will be Oh No Not Black Boy Peaches Again! in some form or other!

hott-mama, Mar 26, 3:38am
we're having pork steaks with a plum sauce, sweet chilli sauce and honey glaze with mashed potatoes, piumpkin, carrots and courgettes ..

elliehen, Mar 26, 3:38am
Felafel balls and beans, beans, beans...Blue Lake, still producing, and everyone wants me to save seed for them for next year.

Golden Queen peaches for dessert, just fresh, as is...while they last.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 3:47am
yumm those sound fantastic :) How do you make your falafel balls elliehen?

pp11, Mar 26, 3:58am
Pork & Leek Risotto for us :)

elliehen, Mar 26, 4:04am
Nowadays, I cheat....from a packet called 'Orgran' Falafel Mix.It's gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, egg free, yeast free, soy free, nut free, vegan... and delicious!

I have no allergies or intolerances and can eat all of those things, but I just happen to like this mix, to which you just add water, wait 15 minutes, form into balls or patties and fry for acouple of minutes.They're great with tasty dipping sauces.

vintagekitty, Mar 26, 4:21am
Its free range here - a couple of cooked chickens, salad, cheeses, fresh buns. The little kids are having cheesy pasta, chicken and salad. The big kids are all going out, and I imagine they will eat something greasy at 3am.

vintagekitty, Mar 26, 4:23am
Ellie, that falafel mix is so nice, I tried it a couple of weeks ago.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 4:36am
wow i must try it. just googled the recipe and it sounds relatively simple but i think i may just try the mix you guys mentioned since you speak so highly of it and see how i go :)

dantes_auntie, Mar 26, 4:38am
think i might order some Meditarrian food warehouse pizza for dinner as it's just me