Whats for dinner tonight in this cold weather?

Page 2 / 3
bedazzledjewels, Mar 26, 4:43am
Lamb shanks and cauli/pumpkin mash.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 5:02am
well hubby decided he wanted to cook so we are having spag bol. (one of the only meals he can cook without me holding his hand :) ) daughter ended up getting swept away by sister in law. My daughter must be a gem because she drove from papakura to botany to see her and then decided she wanted to take her home :) how nice

pipstarz, Mar 26, 5:03am
I just had a bowl of cucumber in vinegar with salt and pepper! Yum yum, not cold here though.

lizab, Mar 26, 5:08am
wet here but defo not cold today. We're having roast chicken legs and thighs, with roast pumpkin, kumara and onion. Hubby should be digging me some potatoes up right about now, so yummy brand new potatoes, along with some peas and carrots. Peach cream cheese slice for pudding too.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 5:09am
lucky you pipstarz i envy you :) our place is pretty cosy but its not the same when you look out the window and see grey clouds and rain :(

pipstarz, Mar 26, 5:11am
Oh we have had the rain and wind today, but are lucky its still mild...

hott-mama, Mar 26, 5:18am
mmm ... yummy ..

my mum used to make this a lot for us when we were little .. love it ..

pipstarz, Mar 26, 5:21am
lol don't forget the tomato too, im going through a phase eaten it every day for the last 4 or 5 days...

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 5:23am
thats like me last week when i made my chicken and vege soup. had it for 5 days almost straight give or take a sandwich or fruit lol yumm yumm

motorbo, Mar 26, 8:22am
i got pork slices and pan fried some apples andhad vege with but ma sister phoned at the wrong time and the slices were overcooked and tough

kuaka, Mar 26, 9:00am
cold weather?It's been raining here for two days and is hot and humid, anyhow we had battered snapper, chips, peas and salad tonight.Snapper we caught a week or so ago and popped in the freezer (defrosted in salted water and just as good as fresh), home made chips, and salad out of the garden.

uli, Mar 26, 10:27pm
Cold weather?

I have had rain since last Tuesday - constantly - and night temps of 20 degrees and day temps of up to 27! I have 3 dehumidifiers going plus 2 pedestal fans LOL :)

And dinner will be salad and fish!

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 11:13pm
im in botany, auckland and its been quite chilly here last few days

corgi731, Mar 26, 11:19pm
I have to work, so i'm taking home made tomato soup and make a toastie sandwich.

davidt4, Mar 26, 11:21pm
How odd.Central Auckland is wet and hot, same as Northland.Dehumidiers have been on full bore for days.Steak and Greek salad for us tonight.

taurus2005, Mar 26, 11:27pm
invited to a bbq tonight.

lythande1, Mar 26, 11:29pm
Chicken nibbles in chilli sauce. Haven't decided on veges yet, probably stirfry.

motorbo, Mar 26, 11:34pm
its hot and sticky and grey clouds here, was gonna have a stew but dunno now

fifie, Mar 26, 11:35pm
Sweet and Sour beef, creamy mashed spudsgood old comfort food for a rainy cold day.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 26, 11:42pm
its a bit better today but we've had a decent chill in the air lately. Might be the house. Not too bad this weather because after the big heat waves its quite refreshing

fifie, Mar 27, 12:35am
I make it in C/pot.
Sweet and Sour Beef.
Stewing steak cut into chunky pieces.
Flour, 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
1/2 cup malt vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcester sauce
S/Pepper, carrots diced ,1 onion sliced.
1/2-1 cup water.
Turn C/Pot on to heat put carrots on bottom.
Toss meat in flour and s/p to coat seal in a pan with the oil add onions, toss till starting tobrown up add to C'Pot.
Mix vinegar, sauce, brown sugar, water, pour over meat so meat is almost covered and cook. add little more water if you have to, lid on and cook. If a little thin thicken with cornflour mixed with water1/2-3/4 hr before serving, taste, add more seasoning if needed, serve with mashed potatoes and your fav vegs.I put this on about 11am if using old crockpot cook on high, if using slow cooker which is quicker and hotter, switch it to auto.

lizab, Mar 27, 1:00am
I've got a duck casserole in the slow cooker with bacon, onions, carrots, garlic, ginger, orange zest and juice, bit of red wine, chinese 5 spice and some beef stock. House smells lovely!

senj, Mar 27, 1:30am
pork chops with apple and roasties then apple crumble.

tipsy_bl0nde, Mar 27, 2:57am
oooh apple crumble yum. im doing the self saucing pudding in the crock pot for dessert :) having chicken fettucine for dinner nom nom

lindylambchops1, Mar 27, 3:34am
Cold!!It has been 31C in Rangiora today!However, I am making a prawn curry for dinner tonight.Dessert will be Oh No Not Black Boy Peaches Again! in some form or other!