Cant beat a marmite and chicken chip sammie

Page 2 / 2
martine5, Mar 1, 4:29am
pop in some fresh (ie not rancid) walnut pieces and you have a fantastic sammy

uli, Mar 1, 8:27am
Not really considering that some "chips" are actually made from meat.... although they have been recently re-named into "strips" - obviously too much confusion.
They even have a special recipe from ellie :)

http://www.ariafarm.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=166%3Aellies-creamy-chicken-strips&catid=39%3Akids-recipes&Itemid=64

elliehen, Mar 1, 10:11am
An imposter ;)

alewis, Mar 1, 11:06am
back to subject peoples, we are talking potato chips in all their additive glory with the mighty marmite and white/wholemeal bread - that sucking in of bread, butter (or margarine) marmite (be it the mighty nz stuff or others) chippies whatever the flavour is into our sensory glands close the eyes we dont need to count calories, check out if its good or bad for us - lets just be people and enjoy the journery.

elliehen, Mar 1, 11:23am
...and remember when people sat down in the fish'n chip shop to eat fish'n chips with a big plate of buttered thin-sliced white bread, and kids made "chip sandwiches" with white bread.

What a wicked world we've left behind ;)

mumstu, Mar 1, 8:05pm
yum, yum must have a marmite and chippie sammy again. Used to have them for my school lunches (many years ago) but you have reminded me of their scrumminess, will devour one today for lunch.

cloudberry, Mar 1, 9:02pm
Now I know what a chicken chip is, (thank you!) and I am sadly disillusioned. I was imagining some kind of crispy thing made out of actual chicken, but it's only a blardy chippie! (Yes, I know. I don't get out enough.)

fisher, Mar 1, 11:21pm
yeah but ya gotta squash them down flat...:}}

uli, Mar 2, 2:03am
The kids?

uli, Mar 2, 8:27am
Not really considering that some "chips" are actually made from meat. although they have been recently re-named into "strips" - obviously too much confusion.
They even have a special recipe from ellie :)

http://www.ariafarm.co.nz/index.php!option=com_content&view=article&id=166%3Aellies-creamy-chicken-strips&catid=39%3Akids-recipes&Itemid=64

elliehen, Mar 2, 11:23am
.and remember when people sat down in the fish'n chip shop to eat fish'n chips with a big plate of buttered thin-sliced white bread, and kids made "chip sandwiches" with white bread.

What a wicked world we've left behind ;)

fisher, Mar 2, 11:21pm
yeah but ya gotta squash them down flat.:}}

uli, Mar 3, 2:03am
The kids!