Left over roast chicken

muppet65, Jul 4, 1:01am
Any suggestions as to what to create with leftover chicken

carl-van-essen, Jul 4, 1:18am
Chicken enchilada soup

pericles, Jul 4, 1:20am
chicken pie

muppet65, Jul 4, 1:40am
yum these sound nice, do you have no fail recipes you would like to share?

245sam, Jul 4, 1:41am
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE CRUMBLE
This is an easy, can be prepared ahead, almost all-in-one meal and a good way of using up leftover cooked chicken.

2 cups (360g) chopped cooked chicken
500g frozen mixed vegetables
1 x 440g can condensed cream of asparagus soup (or other soup of choice)2/3 cup stale breadcrumbs
½ cup grated tasty cheese
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Thaw the frozen vegetables and drain them to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
Combine the chicken, vegetables and soup in an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley in a bowl, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Bake at 180ºC for about 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the crumble is heated through.
Note:Because I was usually only needing to feed 3 people I served the Crumble as is without any extra veg. etc, but to provide more servings, serve it with additional vegetables, salad, potatoes or fresh bread.

There is plenty of scope for variation on the above basic recipe - add e.g. sauteed onions or leeks, sauteed mushrooms, bacon..... and, of course, vary the soup flavour according to personal preference and what is available.

Hope that helps.:-))

muppet65, Jul 4, 1:43am
yes it does thank you .....however it doesn't help making a choice

purplegoanna, Jul 4, 1:44am
we have roast chicken first then chicken sandwiches the next day then chicken pie the next night...

jenner4, Jul 4, 1:45am
how do you get left over chicken

muppet65, Jul 4, 1:47am
hahahaha ..there are only two of us, I cooked a large size 22 chicken and obviously didn't eat the lot..I've just got to make sure I don't sneak a bit out of the fridge before I decide on what to make

imn, Jul 4, 1:49am
I usually make a curry with left over chicken.

coniproducts, Jul 4, 2:05am
Take 3 cups of milk and 1 cup cream.Blend over med heat....add two packets Maggi Mushroom soup and stir until thick.Add three cups cold cooked chicken and between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of curry powder (depending on your taste).Heat through thoroughly, serve on a bed of rice.

spongeypud, Jul 4, 2:24am
x1
Tiddly Widdly Chicken Bake

1 onion
2 cloves garlic
50g butter
3 Tbls flour
2 cups milk
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ cups cooked chicken
1 sheet pre-rolled flaky pastry
1 egg yolk
1 Tbls water
1 Tbls poppy seeds
Chopped parsley

Peel and finely chop the onion. Crush, peel and chop the garlic. Melt the butter and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is clear. Stir in the flour and cook until the mixture is frothy. Remove from heat and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to heat and cook, stirring until the mixture boils and thickens. Mix in the chicken. Place in a shallow ovenproof dish, sprinkle over parsley. Cut shapes from the pastry sheet. Beat egg and water together and brush over pastry shapes. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and place on top of chicken mixture. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes or until pastry is golden.