Help - what to do with left over roast chicken??

pollyh, May 6, 4:12am
Help, am feeling very uninspired - have a fairly decent amount of roast chicken left over - more than enough to feed the 4 of us - but don't feel like a repeat performance of last nights roast. Any ideas for what I could do with it to feed hubby, myself, Miss 8 & Miss 6? ?

julie375, May 6, 4:26am
Butter Chicken is what I use left overs for. I buy the packet of Home Asian Butter Chicken Spice pack and follow the instructions.

245sam, May 6, 4:29am
pollyh, I personally recommend #11 at:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=172756

A quick, easy and a really nice way to use cooked chicken, so I hope that helps. :-))

cookessentials, May 6, 4:37am
1kg potatoes, finely sliced
1 onion, sliced
2½ cups (370g) chopped cooked chicken
½ cup grated tasty cheese
½ teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
300ml carton cream
½ teaspoon paprika

lightly grease shallow ovenproof dish (6 cup capacity). Place half the potato over base of prepared dish, top with onion, chicken, cheese, peppercorns and chives. Pour over half the cream. Top with remaining potato, remaining cream, sprinkle with paprika. Bake in moderate oven about 1½ hours or until browned and potato is tender

veejay13, May 6, 4:42am
Open a tin of cream of chicken soup and heat it up in that.

lucy-and-ricky, May 6, 4:46am
I made a fry up with our leftover chicken last night, and had it with fry bread- yum! Just potatoes, parsnip, carrots the shredded chicken and onion.

Was going to make chicken salad (chicken, mayo, spring onion, cucumber) and have it on thick crusty bread, but the vote was for the fry up. You could make fried rice too, just add the chicken to rice with onions, garlic and mixed veges.

gaspodetwd, May 6, 5:18am
Chicken and vege pie, or chicken fried rice, or chicken and sweetcorn soup, or chicken and mayo and sweetcorn on jacket potatoes. chicken and ham pasta.

karenz, May 6, 5:24am
Chicken cacchiotore - cook onions and garlic in olive oil or butter, crush and add a tin of tomatoes along with shredded or chopped chicken, sliced fresh mushrooms and olives (the littlies can pick theirs out or just add to the adults portions) add seasonings and herbs (oregano and basil or any others you fancy) and cook until mushrooms are done but not too mushy. Serve over pasta.

clare_mel, May 6, 5:29am
Chicken pizza on pizza bases or pita bread or even mini ones on half buns. Pizza is great for using up any left over roast veges too.

rainrain1, Apr 6, 10:10am
Chicken and Sweetcorn Fritters

2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
310g can corn kernels - drained
1 small pepper - finely chopped
1/2 bunch spinach - shredded
1/2 cup plain flour -sifted
6 eggs
Olive oil for cooking

Put the chicken, corn kernels, spinach & pepper into a bowl. Add flour & lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Cook about 4 minutes each side.