Ideas for Cold Roast Chicken

amaruq, May 5, 9:58am
Anyone have some ideas for cold roast chicken with a salad. I find cold chicken very dry so need some help please.

toadfish, May 5, 8:30pm
I sometimes cube it up, fry some onions, mushrooms if you have them & bacon, add the chicken to the pan to warm through and then add a good dollop of pesto and then sprinkle the warm mixture over the salad. delicious.

My favourite use of cold roast chicken is for lunches with eta mayonaise in fresh bread or in the toasted sandwich maker,

ruby2shoes, May 5, 8:40pm
quiche! or chicken, diced celery and mayo mixed together is yum!Chuck in some lettuce, sesame seeds and croutons.

kiwitel, May 5, 9:36pm
Chicken pie. Yum!

ange164, May 5, 9:39pm
filo parcels with feta and chicken and spinach with a side salad. It's not as much gravy as a chicken pie, nor as much fat in the pastry.

Or I use mine up
on pizza
in chicken & mushroom fettuccini
in stirfry
in butter chicken
toasted in jabal lebonese bread wraps with salad and bbq sauce.

aidan46, May 5, 11:10pm
I usually make a chicken and roast veg pie with left over roast chicken. Or a chicken and mushroom risotto.

mwood, May 6, 12:11am
Use Mint Sauce, the more oily thick one is best, as your dressing sauce for the cold roast chicken with a salad to counter the dryness. You can also flake or fluff up the chicken with the tips of two forks to help separate the chicken first for even better coverage.

amaruq, May 6, 10:21am
Some great ideas. many thanks.

smiggles15, May 6, 10:32am
Soup
Chicken wraps.