This Weeks Meat Specials.

Page 3 / 6
cookessentials, Feb 17, 12:21am
Probably not for lunch, I have about 20 mins break where i rush home and have a bite, put the washing out and back to the shop, but a nice beef fillet sounds pretty tasty to me.Her husband came in this morning to show me what they had.they have it processed in Wanganui and it was all chilled and packed in a large box. About $200 for the box which for aged Angus is pretty good. I am trying a whole fillet first and then they can get me what I need.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 12:21am
Probably not for lunch, I have about 20 mins break where i rush home and have a bite, put the washing out and back to the shop, but a nice beef fillet sounds pretty tasty to me.Her husband came in this morning to show me what they had...they have it processed in Wanganui and it was all chilled and packed in a large box. About $200 for the box which for aged Angus is pretty good. I am trying a whole fillet first and then they can get me what I need.

mouse_y, Feb 17, 2:54am
just got 19 kg's of angus rump (3 pcs) @ $7.50 a kg
cheaper than mince !
. just waiting for the bagging expert to return home to begin slicing

got 5 Kg's of Lemonfish yesters for $33.00

mouse_y, Feb 17, 2:54am
just got 19 kg's of angus rump (3 pcs) @ $7.50 a kg
cheaper than mince !
.. just waiting for the bagging expert to return home to begin slicing

got 5 Kg's of Lemonfish yesters for $33.00

motorbo, Feb 17, 5:02am
heya bedazzled, when r you going to eat some! im so keen to know about it lol, flavourand how tender it is etc

motorbo, Feb 17, 5:02am
heya bedazzled, when r you going to eat some? im so keen to know about it lol, flavourand how tender it is etc

bedazzledjewels, Feb 17, 5:16am
Well, DH is away right now so I'll wait till he gets back. Did you see the photos on the previous page!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 17, 5:16am
Well, DH is away right now so I'll wait till he gets back. Did you see the photos on the previous page?

moreorless, Feb 17, 8:34am
Bedazzledjewels, can you post the link to the company, your last post was all photos I think. Do you mind me asking, how much did that all cost. Thanks.

moreorless, Feb 17, 8:40am
Never mind, I see it further up the page, I might check them out too and yowza I noticed how much the meat has gone up in the supermarket too, too much I think, and I somehow think if they put it up much more they will shoot themselves in the foot because no one will be able to afford it and then they will loose money becausethey will end up slapping reduced stickers on it, love those reduced stickers, have to say :-) I've saved a ton since buying reduced. Anybody else ?
Great topic,thanks

moreorless, Feb 17, 8:40am
Never mind, I see it further up the page, I might check them out too and yowza I noticed how much the meat has gone up in the supermarket too, too much I think, and I somehow think if they put it up much more they will shoot themselves in the foot because no one will be able to afford it and then they will loose money becausethey will end up slapping reduced stickers on it, love those reduced stickers, have to say :-) I've saved a ton since buying reduced. Anybody else !
Great topic,thanks

motorbo, Feb 17, 8:48am
me too tga pack and save is great for smaller portions, and i look for the reduced packs, i got chicken, lamb and beef reduced today - of course i would prefer better meat, hence wanna know what the meat tastes like that bedazzled got

greg.n.michelle, Feb 17, 10:25pm
As we now live of a lifestyle block, we have beef and sheep, both which we send of to be killed I think the meat far better esp the beef the butcher comes and shoot the cow while its happy munching grass and its over with that fast there is processing to be done I choose to not watch it but could if I had to. they take her away to be cut up and it comes back as per our orderform, in bags already frozen and to quanity requirements eg 6 snags or 10.... my cow was not sent on a truck to freezing works where it can be held for up 3 days to be killed, also not fed to empty its contents out,

greg.n.michelle, Feb 17, 10:25pm
As we now live of a lifestyle block, we have beef and sheep, both which we send of to be killed I think the meat far better esp the beef the butcher comes and shoot the cow while its happy munching grass and its over with that fast there is processing to be done I choose to not watch it but could if I had to. they take her away to be cut up and it comes back as per our orderform, in bags already frozen and to quanity requirements eg 6 snags or 10. my cow was not sent on a truck to freezing works where it can be held for up 3 days to be killed, also not fed to empty its contents out,

greg.n.michelle, Feb 17, 10:29pm
we know our animals have been drenched and looked after and not feed any hormone. The end result is lots of lovely meat alot cheaper than butchers our snags are made up of meat notbone meal.....did you know the mad butcher imports containers of the stuff to fill his sausages....... so my advise is if you can buy half a cow or sheep/lamb then do it its better meatyou know its fresh and cheeper, and you know its not been sitting in a supermarket shelf for 5 days before going on special.

greg.n.michelle, Feb 17, 10:29pm
we know our animals have been drenched and looked after and not feed any hormone. The end result is lots of lovely meat alot cheaper than butchers our snags are made up of meat notbone meal.did you know the mad butcher imports containers of the stuff to fill his sausages. so my advise is if you can buy half a cow or sheep/lamb then do it its better meatyou know its fresh and cheeper, and you know its not been sitting in a supermarket shelf for 5 days before going on special.

beaker59, Feb 18, 1:54am
Aged Rump steak which looks nice I bought a fair bit for myself and some for my daughter in good sized packs$14.95Kg at Nosh or whole ones for $12.99.

For those who don't want or can't do a lifestyle block get a gun license and take up hunting I provide at least half our meat consumption in the form of wild meat, Venison, pork, goat, hare, rabbit, turkey, pheasant, duck, quail, goose, pukeko, wallaby, thar, chamois are all available on DOC land free for the taking in this country I live in Auckland which is probably the hardest place in the country to be a hunter and still manage to do well. Recent figures show that gun licence uptake recently has doubled so obviously it is a growing thing. Its cheaper than golf to take up EH!

Wonder if its worth forming a Meat CO-OP you can't buy animals direct from a lifestyler and kill on thier farm though you can buy the live stock then pay for the animal to go through an abatoir then have it butchered and share the costs and meat.

beaker59, Feb 18, 1:54am
Aged Rump steak which looks nice I bought a fair bit for myself and some for my daughter in good sized packs$14.95Kg at Nosh or whole ones for $12.99.

For those who don't want or can't do a lifestyle block get a gun license and take up hunting I provide at least half our meat consumption in the form of wild meat, Venison, pork, goat, hare, rabbit, turkey, pheasant, duck, quail, goose, pukeko, wallaby, thar, chamois are all available on DOC land free for the taking in this country I live in Auckland which is probably the hardest place in the country to be a hunter and still manage to do well. Recent figures show that gun licence uptake recently has doubled so obviously it is a growing thing. Its cheaper than golf to take up EH!

lythande1, Feb 18, 2:16am
Fresh isn't good with beef, it should be aged.

lythande1, Feb 18, 2:16am
Fresh isn't good with beef, it should be aged.

greg.n.michelle, Feb 18, 2:52am
Lythande, I am sorry I thought that was rather obvious. The butcher hangs the meat before he gives it back

greg.n.michelle, Feb 18, 2:52am
Lythande, I am sorry I thought that was rather obvious... The butcher hangs the meat before he gives it back

bedazzledjewels, Feb 24, 6:04am
I've just cooked the first of my beef pack from Lake Farm Beef. From the diced beef, I made a bouef bourguignon. It is superb - the meat just melts in the mouth.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 24, 6:04am
I've just cooked the first of my beef pack from Lake Farm Beef. From the diced beef, I made a bouef bourguignon. It is superb - the meat just melts in the mouth.

mvr, Feb 24, 6:20am
I'm another passionate Lake Farm Beef fan, we've been getting it for about 2 years ish.It is amazing meat so tasty and tender, and Colin is fantastic to deal with.Especially re: the 20kg packs or more the per kilo price is way cheaper then the muck you get at the supermarket.