Mincing meat thru food processor..??

hhb, Jul 11, 9:56am
Has anyone ever tried this - I have a really nice $$ Sunbeam food processor with a ton of diff attachments and I am just wondering if, with one them, you could place meat down shoot and mince it?? I harldy use this piece of equipment but would really love to start doing my own mince, esp when rump steakis $9.99kg! Maybe it would just all jam up??-I am no expert on food processors...

rainrain1, Jul 11, 7:38pm
I have done with my magimix, but only small amounts at a time, and it was venison not beef, with pulse buttonI'm not sure if I would want to do great quantities, as I always feel as though something might snap and go flying across the kitchen.....apart from myself of course

.jillybeen., Jul 11, 9:09pm
I have but not raw meat, out of desparation one night, the steak I cooked was so tough even after I hadstewed it for hours, so I decided to put it throught the kitchen wizz, I let the stew cool till it was only warm, cut the meat up into smaller pieces and dropped it down the top.I also had some of the gravy in the processer bowel this made it easier for the mixer to work.We had cottage pie that night and many nights since as it worked quite well.

dezzie, Jul 11, 9:12pm
cut it into say 1 inch dice, and only do about a small cup at a time in your normal big processor bowl with the metal blade, works well, do not overchop tho or you'll end up with sausage meat. I don't drop it down the chute, I just do it all at once to prevent it getting over mooshed.

klc1, Jul 11, 9:58pm
Jamie Oliver made a hamburger doing just that.It looked pretty good.

samsnan, Jul 12, 4:01am
I hear if you partly freeze the meat first and then process it while it is still frozen it goes through the processor better. Try a bit first and see if it works.