Got a food processor for xmas... any recipes that.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 3, 1:22am
i can use in it i have just christened it with a banana berry smoothie... oh soooo good.

I wanted one so bad and now i have it. So what can i make?

Help Please :)I want to make as much as possible hehe

aimz_bj, Jan 3, 1:48am
I have a food processor.Had it for about 5 years now and the only thing it has done its whole life is crush biscuits for my baking lol

ribzuba, Jan 3, 2:03am
pesto and hummus!

lythande1, Jan 3, 3:19am
Pate.
Also I made minestrone today, I chop veges with it but also I use the juicer attachment as well - not so much for the vege juice but for the way it pulps the veges, makes the soup lovely and thick.

davidt4, Jan 3, 3:24am
Vegetable purees, especially cauli and kumara, broccoli and kumara.

Soups, mayonnaise, pastry, biscuit dough.

marcs, Jan 3, 3:49am
cup cakes -here is the recipe

125g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
125g self-raising flour
1 - 2 tsp vanilla extract
5 - 6 tbsp milk

Make sure everything is at room temperature as it is very important for texture.

Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan forced.

Put everything in the food processor except milk and process. Add milk a tablespoon at a time till right consistency.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked and golden on top for medium cakes and 8 – 10 minutes for mini cakes.

dezzie, Jan 3, 3:58am
if you have a garden and get a few zuchinni that get to big you can make a lovely thing we call zuchinni pie, throw in the zuchinni chopped up a bit, a large onion, about 4 slices of bacon, a cup of cheese cubed up so it chops easier, 4 eggs and about a cup of flour, wee bit of salt (cos the bacon and cheese are already salty) and some pepper, whizz until its smoothish, pour into a quiche dish and bake at 170 for about 30 minutes or until set, lovely hot or cold, with a salad.

cookessentials, Jan 3, 4:21am
Did it not come with a recipe booklet? most of them do.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 3, 5:10am
yeah but it was mainly for cake mixes and such was looking for a homey recipe too because im not too sure about the recipe books i get with appliances. have tried some from other machines but didnt come out as nice as i thought. very basic i guess.

eastie3, Jan 3, 5:34am
I just made some mayonnaise in mine.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 3, 5:55am
ooh yum has anyone got a good cheesecake i might make one to see how well it will crush the biscuits i have a recipe but sadly my computer crashed and lost my entire collection of recipes. smart for only leaving them on my laptop :'(

cookessentials, Jan 3, 6:20am
You can do pretty much anything depending on the attachments you have.

southerngurl, Jan 3, 6:22am
cocktails!!

uli, Jan 3, 6:23am
If it is a full blown food processor then you should have lots of attachments. Let us know what came with it apart from the big mixing/chopping bowl and the blades. Obviously the attachments will be the limiting factor to what you can make apart from the obvious chopping and mixing.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 3, 8:55pm
grater, 2slicers, doughblade processing blade,whisk 'its a very good one i think. its a breville kitchen wizz just made a pikelet mix in it this morning and the pikelets were so much more fluffy. going to use it for them always now. beautiful

tipsy_bl0nde, Jan 3, 8:56pm
the bowl is 2Litres too so its a big one :)

lulu239, Jan 3, 9:59pm
From another poster:
11. Whizz cake BANANA CAKE - No melting, no mashing, and no creaming. Place in kitchen whizz: 1 1/4 cups sugar, 100gr butter, 1/2 cup milk, 2-3 bananas, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla and blend till smooth. Add: 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt. Bake in lined 23cm tin in moderate oven 40-50 minutes until cake springs back when touched. Leave in tin 5-10 minutes before turning out.

fifie, Jan 3, 10:23pm
Find a space on your bench keep it there and you will use it for heaps of things, With a large bowl they are so versatile, I got a new one also, and have just been setting mine up this morning, i use it for most things these days,look in your manual for ideas and just use your own fav recipes for cakes, biscuits etc when baking, am off to make savoury pinwheel scones for lunchto try it out.

tania58, Jan 4, 1:44am
I have the same brand tispy and it's great.I really should use it more, I mainly use it for Alison Holst orange muffins (easy peasy!) But today I've just used the slicing blade and grating blade attachments to do a spicy red cabbage & carrot salad.Saved so much time compared to chopping and grating anc chops everything evenly

245sam, Jan 4, 2:37am
tipsy_bl0nde, we also have a new food processor, a Kenwood multipro - purchased at a very good price from Briscoes, pre-Christmas.It came without a recipe book also but I have the advantage of having a huge recipe book collection plus I still have the recipe book that came with its now aged but currently still functional Kenwood predecessor, and recipes can be sourced from the Kenwood website, as they can also from the Breville website - have a look at:-

http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=443

and look under the heading "Breville easyliving".

Hope that helps and that you enjoy using your new kitchen helper as much as I/we intend to enjoy ours.:-))

norton, Jan 2, 3:59pm
Mix-in-a-minute Dark Chocolate Cake!

1 1/2C Sugar
...3/4C cocoa
1t salt
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1/4C + 2T Oil
1 1/2C Water
2 large eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla essence
2C Flour

180 degC (170 fanbake), rack just below middle, 30x20cm pan lined/coated with a bit of oil.

Pulse to mix first 4 dry ingredients (see photo attached), add wet ingredients and process for 20 seconds.

Add Flour and pulse 5x til smooth
Pour the thin batter into pan.
Bake 25min
Cool on rack,

~ Dont worry if the top is a little
uneven, serve the cake upside down. I iced it with butter icing but icing sugar or cream would do.