Fussy husband

Page 4 / 5
sue1955, Feb 7, 4:03am
Hmm, to quote you 'all a mind thing with him' - more like 'I don't mind & you don't matter'.

heidsguy, Feb 7, 4:39am
Huh I dont get that

uli, Feb 7, 4:45am
You realize that he will also grow very very fat if he eats that sort of carby stuff every day?

buzzy110, Feb 7, 4:59am
Not only fat, but diabetic and arthritic as well. And who knows what would happen if excess carbs leads to an overgrowth and mutation of digestive microbes. As they grow and feed on all those yummy carbs they give of toxic by-products that slip easily into the bloodstream, seriously affecting personality and general health.

But surely that will be his choice and as he eats basic high carb every day anyway, there will not be much difference.

uli, Feb 7, 8:48am
So what did he say?

kuaka, Feb 7, 9:45am
I've just read this thread again, and have to smile, as my "fussy" husband likes nothing better than left-overs for breakfast and complains when there's nothing left over for him to have.I would take the "take it or leave it" approach.If he doesn't eat what I make for him, he goes without, gets his own or buys it.But I think my first suggestion would be a very serious consideration.Maybe he needs counselling.

illusion_, Feb 7, 10:37am
heidsguy .... here's a male's point of veiw

Tell the fussy bugger to make his own damn lunch. Problem solved.

dartchamp, Feb 7, 10:56am
send him to a island where he has to fend for himself and can only survive with whats on the island i can gurantee when he came back he would eat anything u make including left overs and as he is starving on the island he would be thinking about all those ends of the ceral boxes...sounds like he is taking the mickey out of u im only 25 havnt lived much life yet but one things for sure i wouldnt put up with that kinda crap from a man...give him his options and if that aint good enuf have nathang...
im lucky my partners work makes there lunch everyday n if he dont like what they make he eats the fruit n if he dont like that he can wait till dinner :)
good luck

kuaka, Feb 7, 4:10pm
and here's a way to solve the problem of him not eating the "bottoms" of the cereals - when you buy a new pack of cereal put the bottom of the old pack at the top of the new one, but don't bother telling him.He'll never know.My first husband always reckoned I couldn't make a stew as good as his mum.One day I called in to see her and she'd made a stew for lunch, and had made too much, so gave me what was left and said to reheat it for our tea, which I did, and hubby complained that it wasn't as good as his mothers.So I told him to phone and tell her that her stew wasn't up to her usual standard.I never heard him complain again about my stew.

cookessentials, Feb 7, 5:56pm
Brilliant!I dont wish to run your husband down, however, I think you are correct in saying that it is a "mind thing" with him. Constantly changing his mind about what he likes or does not like has you not knowing wether you are Arthur or Martha. Great that he cleans up etc as many men like this expect that it is the "woman's job" to do this and then spend their time criticising the job done. What do you think he would do if you served something he said he did not like?

lythande1, Feb 7, 7:24pm
Wait till you're old. You'll regret it.
Similar situation with my mum, she now regrets it.

rainrain1, Feb 7, 7:33pm
He criticised her puddings and he didn't like her cake
He wished she'd make the bicuits that his mother used to make
She didn't wash the dishes and she didin't make the stew
She didn't mend his socks like his mother used to do.
Oh well she was not perfect but she tried to do her best
Until at last she thought it was time she had a rest
So one day when he said the whole rigmarole right through
She turned and boxed his ears like his mother used to do.

hezwez, Feb 7, 7:55pm
LOVE it!

uli, Feb 7, 8:13pm
Good one :)

lx4000, Feb 7, 8:42pm
heidsguy

Far out!! I would be saying to him, where the $$ for the food!! Then do a take on how much (in$$) he throws away!! Then work that out to a monthly $$ then yearly. He will be surprised at how much HE is wasting on the budget!! See it as a holiday, that car hes saving for or alike!! Even, theres part of the rates!!

Store what he wastes in a container in the fridge and then suggest he builds a chook house and yard!

Let him cook his own meals and make his own lunches!! Boy, he would soon learn around me. Sorry but thats just outrageous!!

ant_sonja, Feb 7, 9:48pm
your husband sounds like a spoilt child - sorry but there's no way I would put up with that kind of fussy behavior from my kids, let alone my husband who is here to be my partner in life which requires communication/compromise and understanding to name a few. I would strongly suggest talking with him about this and letting him know how difficult he is making things for you and asking him what he is getting out of acting this way? If he can't compromise or make up his mind on what he likes/dislikes, then leave him to his own devices in the food department. Do you have kids? If so focus on ensuring they are getting the correct nutrition and don't pick up on your hubby's fussiness. I feel what he is doing is a form of 'control' and at the end of the day, as adults, we are responsible for our own choices - bad & good - so if he wants Maccas etc on a daily basis then let him have at it and save yourself the daily hassles. Sorry if this sounds harsh, I don't mean no disrespect - best of luck :-)

lx4000, Feb 7, 10:11pm
Some one I knew ages ago was fussy. If her kids didn't play with a toy she would throw it out after a month. Thats 1 thing. Met one of her kids at the shop and she threw away her change and I asked her why she threw money in the bin for. Her reply was its only coins! Now I said you could have had a few dollars there and you threw it away. Even if every time you got change and put it into a tin, after a month or so you could have $10 or more. She was shocked that coins soon added up to a bit of money! That, I believe is partly her mums fault for being a throw away, she intensionally or not had shown her daughter that if its not needed now, throw it away. Now that can be good as you don't end up with a house of junk, but ....... !!

lx4000, Feb 7, 10:41pm
heidsguy You could always play his game and when hes eating . . . say a small choco bar or alike, take out of his hand and throw away and give him a new one!!Throw away his fav cookies after hes just opened it and take what he wants out now. (throw as in put away in another room in container and when he asks where they are, say you threw them out as it was open and not good any more!! hahaha, He will soon learn that you take thing to the extreme, your reply will be that he has taught you, once open its no good for next time. So everything has to be new and "fresh."He will Love the bills for a while!!lol But you will have a bit in another place that isn't thrown out! Reverse Psychology is a wonderful thing!!

fifie, Feb 7, 11:10pm
Ha Ha Ha I like it, your on to it. I to have a fussy Hubby and one who won't eat the last of things etc always wanting new stuff, don't make hard work for yourself heidisguytaking over mums role of pandering to a male who was a spoilt child. Toughen up, be one step ahead of him, life is a two way partnership, LX4000's idea is worth a try it you might be surprised.

indy95, Feb 7, 11:32pm
I second that !

indy95, Feb 7, 11:34pm
And that, too !

245sam, Feb 7, 11:49pm
heidsguy, I have known my DH for 42½ years and been married for 36 of those years, and together we have coped with some very significant difficult times - my DH is an only child who at the age of 21 years of age had to cope with the sudden death of his dearly loved Dad, then 12 years later the sudden death of his also dearly loved Mum - his grandparents had all passed on long before I ever knew DH, so after my MIL's death my DH's only family were aunts, uncles and cousins, plus myself and our daughter.From my experience of supporting my DH at the time of his losses and then, as the eldest of four, experiencing my own Dad's death I can assure you that it is a very different experience for an only child to cope with the loss of a parent or parents.
I wonder about a couple of things re your husband - was he always so fussy or has he become progressively more fussy and difficult since his Mother's death?If he wasn't always so fussy and that the 'fussiness' has developed over the last four years, my suggestion is that he has some ongoing difficulties/issues re the loss of his Mum.This is just a suggestion, but one thing I can absolutely assure you of though is that not all 'only childs' are fussy - mine is defintely NOT, nor is he difficult - he is very easy to feed and will happily eat leftovers or basically anything that is put in front of him, except for his long standing dislikes which are minimal and something that IMO we all have.

Hope that helps.....Take care and good luck but do please consider whether or not the problems really do stem from the loss of his Mum - we have a friend who 'bottled up' (for 14 years) issues some of which could be, and were, tracked back to the death of his Dad.:-))

cookessentials, Feb 8, 12:17am
My DH is an only child and he is not a fussy eater!

beaker59, Feb 8, 3:18am
OOH come on just harden up ;)

beaker59, Feb 8, 3:19am
Fussy wives are the worst, mind you I've had a few of those and no husbands so I lack the experience to really compare.