Fussy husband

Page 1 / 5
heidsguy, Feb 1, 6:39am
My husband is incredibly fussy when it comes to food especially lunches.He thinks sandwiches and rolls are boring, doesnt like leftovers, hates quiches.. . . I am running out of ideas.

Does anyone have any great and easy lunch ideas for fussy husbands?Thanks

duckmoon, Feb 1, 6:47am
if my hubby was fussy over lunch, I would invite him to solve his own problem... while making sure that didn't spend $15 a day at the cafe

jessie981, Feb 1, 7:00am
Pita pockets with various fillings.
i'd be telling him to tell you what he'd like or get his own lunch.

herself, Feb 1, 7:25am
He'd be making his own if he lived in my house, that's for sure and it would be from what ever was available in the pantry or fridge.Too boring? - going hungry would be the only other option!

fastlanenz, Feb 1, 7:36am
Pizza, sushi, stuffed potatoes, kebabs/wraps.Savoury scones and muffins.I make a bread dough in my breadmaker, and then divide into 12-16 small pieces.Flatten into a circle and place a small spoonful of bolognaise sauce, or any leftover mixture of meat or chicken ... then fold the edges of the dough into the middle so the filling is enclosed.Bake on a tray with folded edges under, as you would normally bake bread rolls.You can sprinkle grated cheese on top if you like.

motorbo, Feb 1, 7:43am
tell him what the budget is and ask what he would like that would fit in that budget, i am assuming he is older and used to someone looking after him, maybe pasties, pies, soups, stews where you can extend the meat

alewis, Feb 1, 7:44am
my hubby is fussy and he goes to the supermarket every day for lunch, gets a few bargains, and is in charge of the orange juice etc, so he finds at the moment its a banana, muffin, and handful of peanuts and sultanas from the mixed bin. he seams to be going off bread a bit so tends not to have bread like lunches, how about scotch eggs, salad,btw that sounds really nice fasty.

fastlanenz, Feb 1, 7:55am
email coming soon ali *winks* ... wish I had time for coffee tomorrow, but I do on Thurs?

uli, Feb 1, 8:00am
And you do worry about that?
Well I wouldn't.
Let him care about his own lunches.

elliehen, Feb 1, 8:00am
fastlanenz, having often been in the same position as you, I now set my oven timer or my cellphone alarm :(

jessie981, Feb 1, 8:00am
second option, send him home to mum for lunch!

kuaka, Feb 1, 8:12am
divorce springs to mind!

lyl_guy, Feb 1, 8:28am
Exactly!does he have a disability whereby he can't make his own lunch?

lindylambchops1, Feb 1, 9:05am
Fussy hubby.....I'd put him on TradeMe!!!!LOL

kuaka, Feb 1, 9:07am
doubt she'd get many bids - I mean to say, would you bid on one!

lx4000, Feb 1, 9:09am
stuffed pancakes, muffins, scones, toasties, stuffed baked spuds! Salads, thermos with soup and stew, mince etc!

Man, turn into hismum and say, "eat whats put in front of you"

hahahahahaha-snort-hahahahaha

elliehen, Feb 1, 9:11am
One idea that parents use for fussy children is simply to put everything out on the bench in the morning and leave him to it.

fastlanenz, Feb 1, 10:31am
True story, it happened to my F-i-L when he was contracting, and lunch was supplied:he ate the sandwiches, and left the muffin.His boss said, 'better eat the muffin, it will be back on the table again tomorrow, one day staler' ... apparently the rule of the house was that if it doesn't get eaten at this meal, it will be brought out to be finished at the next one.We've used it with our kids when they've tried to be fussy about a couple of veg ... salad for breakfast?It works!

lythande1, Feb 1, 6:44pm
For sure.
Ask him what his last slave died of.

luckyduck, Feb 1, 7:06pm
He would be making his own here as well. I occasionally make breakfast for mine otherwise only dinner. Rule is if he doesn't like what I prepare he makes his own. Too busy to be running Cafe 'home'.

elliehen, Feb 1, 8:01pm
heidsguy...you'd better show your husband this thread.He might decide to be extra nice to you, because he hasn't got a whole lot of sympathy from anyone here ;)

rainrain1, Feb 1, 8:21pm
You could try toastie pies,cold sausages, boiled eggs, lettuce leaves, tomato, cold meat.Cold rice home made salad.Buy a wide mouth thermos and give him soup or saveloys.....instant soup in a cup, instant noodles....failing that slap the horses butt when he rides off and hope like heck it takes him over the hills and far away

lcscott, Feb 1, 10:15pm
easy for me i dont have a husband lol

kiwifidget, Feb 1, 10:51pm
Mine makes his own lunch, and gets his own breakfast, and does his own laundry. I do dinner but he has to do dishes. This does not create disharmony.
For lunch he usually makes two filled rolls,with meat and salad. Also whatever may be left over from dinner, so I tend to cook extra sausages or chops for him to take cold next day.

ribzuba, Feb 1, 11:08pm
I made my husband beautiful lunch boxes until he complained that the gum i left to freshen his mouth (he works in customer service) made his whole lunch taste terrible...he does his own now and no more complaints :D