Fussy husband

Page 2 / 5
baitcatcher, Feb 1, 11:17pm
Hi,Send him back to his mother to sort him out for a week,He will be back in no-time eating the left-overs from your plate with NO complants!!

buzzy110, Feb 1, 11:34pm
I see that you value your husband enough to make his lunch and care for him in practical ways. I am sure he is not ungrateful. If he is then he probably needs a kick up the derrier.

On the other hand, I also see that you both need to make changes, not just him. He needs to be more positive and give you more information about what he wants in his lunchbox, rather than demanding change, whining about the food and expecting you to immediately be able to divine his wants and put them into action. You are not a mind reader. He needs to communicate better. So ask him to help.

Your part in the change for the better is rather small. All you need to do is become more creative and adventurous in the kitchen and get out of the comfortable rut you appear to have lapsed into. Perhaps it is time to consider that a constant diet of slabs of bread, thinly spread with marge and a slither of filling in the middle, day in and day out, with the odd variation in the form of quiche may indeed lead to a jaded palate and a desire for variety.

pericles, Feb 1, 11:37pm
give him 2 choices...

take it or leave it

buzzy110, Feb 1, 11:48pm
Fruit, home baking, boiled eggs, a wide variety of salad vegetables, cold meats (beef, lamb, chicken,pork, salmon) Nice-n-Easy bars, home made chutneys, relishes and salad dressings, tinned fish, cheese, wraps, yoghurt, sauerkraut, artichokes, sausage (chorizo, salami, luncheon,etc), pre-made potato, rice and pasta salads and lots and lots, of other foods, too numerous to mention can indeed be put together in a million different ways to create interesting and tasty variety. Maybe he can be allowed to buy a nice Chinese takeaway on occasion as well.

Don't stop the sandwiches and rolls altogether though. You can just make them more interesting - like make them into a feast.

Spotlight sells nifty salad bowls in lunch size with a compartment for dressing, and more importantly an ice pack that fits in neatly so that the food is kept fresh. Also they do a lunchbox in the same vein. It has a compartment at the bottom for whatever, the ice pack goes in next and on top are two containers for other things. I use these when DH work keeps him in Auckland.

vintagekitty, Feb 1, 11:55pm
lol @ buzzys post "maybe he can be allowed to buy a nice chinese takeaway on occasion as well"

He is a grown man, im sure he is more than capable to make his own lunch

purplegoanna, Feb 2, 2:16am
i have one to, but his issues are with dinner, hes a 3 vege & meat man and i have slowly introduced rice & pasta, a REALLY GOOD way to help with your issue is, get him to write down all the foods he does like, (help him with ideas) then you know what you can work on..for instance i wouldve neva of graced the table with asparagus orbeetroot but unbeknown to me they pass as a edible food in hubbys eyes! lol...ask him for the list then work with the list and if he then finds fault 'its his own fault' for its HIS LIST!

alewis, Feb 2, 3:14am
I just love the creative ideas on this list, and the other side of men are from mars angle as well, very entertaining reading, and do think DH should have a peak into this thread...

(might realize what a goddess he already has)

alebix, Feb 2, 3:19am
Tell your hubby to make his own lunch...

uli, Feb 2, 4:22am
I love salad for breakfast :)

corgi731, Feb 2, 4:25am
somemen work there backs sides off for their family, making there lunch in the morning ( I get up at 4.50am to make my darling's) is nothing to complain about, considering how hard he works...Some of us are happy to do it .. At least we know they are eating well and plus it saves coin at the end of the day...

uli, Feb 2, 4:27am
No problem to make lunch for him - IF he says what he wants.
If not - it is "make your own" - easy.

Why should women go to the trouble of making lunches in the middle of the night when he then complains about what has been packed for him and wants "something else"?

Women are not mind readers, I think that is what the gist of this thread is.

lx4000, Feb 2, 4:34am
Leftovers!mmMmm week end brekkie of fried up spud, veggies and meat! Was a family fav and we have it here and is also a fav!!

Mince one night, next or in the freezer for another (as it tastes better 2nd time round or you can make a pie with it and jazz it up! Shhhh, just don't tell him its left overs!! Also as above, just tell him you cooked extra for his lunch!! Meat and relishes or pickles with cheese or even spuds is good!! Used to love those as a kid before I turned veggie!

Make wraps, pancakes filled and frozen down etc. there is loads of things you can make a few of and freeze for lunches later on! Do it for the kids all the time and years gone by when we had all sat and sun cricket!!

Educate his pellet:) Its a wonderful thing!

davidt4, Feb 2, 4:45am
That sounds a bit naughty.

lx4000, Feb 2, 4:54am
Of course!!

uli, Feb 2, 4:57am

lx4000, Feb 2, 5:01am
Get me all excited why don't ya!! So many sizes! So many shapes!!

hahaha-snort-hahahaha

buzzy110, Feb 2, 5:17am
And soon to be educated. You'll be rich.

martine5, Feb 2, 5:43am
Yes I do, fussy husbands are best sliced thinly and marinated in plenty of black pepper and balsamic vinegar.

lx4000, Feb 2, 6:04am
is there a veggie version?

kuaka, Feb 2, 7:46am
I have read (and had a good laugh at) this thread.There's mention of the hubby who is only interested in meat and 3 veg for his main meal (yep - I've got one of them - but tonight we had rice risotto and he said it was nice, and he didn't even ask where the spuds were so there is hope for us yet).I was also reminded of the time many many years ago (probably about 40 as the kids were very young) when I came home from work feeling lousy, had picked the kids up from their minder, and sat them down in front of the tv with a sandwich and went to bed.Hubby (first one) arrived home some time later and wanted to know what was for his tea.Told him to get something himself as I was too sick.He bundled the kids into the car and went to visit a friend of mine who lived nearby.He asked what she was going to cook for his tea.She said to him "hold your hands out in front of you" which he did.She said "oh, they haven't dropped off - go home and use them and cook something".He picked up fish and chips on the way home!

uli, Feb 2, 8:03am
Lovely lovely friend :)
You got to treasure him/her :)

elliehen, Feb 2, 8:17am
It's amusing that when a woman goes away and leaves a man unattended for a week, friends rush in with dinner invitations and leave casseroles and other edibles.

But when the man is away, no one expects that the woman might appreciate similar kindnesses.

Women are usually just expected to have better survival skills.

kuaka, Feb 2, 8:20am
uli - which "friend" are you referring to?

uli, Feb 2, 8:30am
The friend mentioned above of course :)

kuaka, Feb 2, 8:40am
oh I just wondered?Sadly, we lost touch many years ago when her marriage broke up and she moved away.