Lime cheesecake/pie uncooked

Page 1 / 2
iriegirl, Jan 25, 3:52am
Can anyone share their fav recipes please? :o)

jessie981, Jan 25, 5:28am
off recipe l/h message board

Lime Pie is the best!!!! Take 4 limes, grate off the rind and then juice them. Put 1 pottle (275ml or so) of fresh cream, 1 tin of condensed milk and the juice and rind in a bowl and stir up (no need to whip or anything). Make a biscuit crumb crust, pour over the lime slosh. Refridgerate for at least 6hrs, overnight is best. Some kind of chemical reaction between the lime juice and hte cream makes it set. for a quick crumb crust just whizz one packet of plain biscuits and stir in about 200g melted butter.

vintagekitty, Jan 25, 6:18am
that sounds nice jessie

whitehead., Jan 25, 8:23am
is it sweetened condensed milk or just condensed seems a lot of fluid please

jessie981, Jan 25, 8:36am
Sweetened I would think whitehead. Never heard of plain condensed. What is it.?

elliehen, Jan 25, 8:38am
Unsweetened condensed milk is another name for evaporated milk.

iriegirl, Jan 26, 12:49am
Thans jessie, what biccies do you use? Thought malt or oreo's?

marcs, Jan 26, 4:06am
This is a basic recipe that you can add different flavours to. Use a 23cm springform cake tin.

Base
250g of plain biscuit
125g butter melted

750g cream cheese
2 cups cream,
1 & 1/4 cup sugar
5 tsp gelatin (soak in 5 tbs of water and set aside)

Crush biscuits till fine then add melted butter. Press into tin and refrigerate.

Beat cream cheese and sugar, scraping sides from time to time till smooth. Add cream and beat on low speed till well combined. Microwave gelatin for 30 secs and add to the cream cheese mixture. Add flavour and pour into the tin and chill.

Flavours
Depending on the size of your limes I would add juice and zest of 3 or 4 limes

Or zest and juice of 3 medium lemons or two large lemons.

Other flavours - Vanilla filling. once filling has set add a layer of berries on top and make up a pkt of berry jelly in half the amount of water and pour on top to set.

Vanilla and chopped up mars bars, passionfruit, rosewater, chocolate ganach swirled in, few tbs of caramel condensed milk, passionfruit and melted white chocolate, Kahlua and white chocolate or simply just use your imagination for flavour

lythande1, Jan 26, 5:18am
Set? OR curdle?

uli, Jan 26, 6:37am
:)
I wondered that too - not too many limes here at present otherwise I would test it out on a small quantity.

davidt4, Jan 26, 6:42am
Limes at Fruit World yesterday were $39.95 per kg.

uli, Jan 26, 6:47am
Were they imported I wonder?

jessie981, Jan 26, 9:37am
As I said at beginning,recipe was taken from a earlier thread so unable to verify whether 'set or curdle'.

chooky, Jan 26, 10:27am
I found the lime cheesecake alittle white ago on trade-me, made it 4 times now and it yummy and so quick. I looked at limes at New World and they were $39.00 a kilo. Planted a lime tree last year, so just praying for it to grow.!!!.

davidt4, Jan 26, 7:38pm
Yep, American.

supadeal, Jan 26, 10:50pm
Jessie, this is an adaption of a lemon"cheesecake" recipe which has been around for fifty years!My book in which the recipe is printed, was published inFeb 1961 and I have been making the lemon version since then.
Now I cant wait to try the lime recipe.

I always use gingernut biscuits for the base.

supadeal, Jan 26, 11:02pm
Just in case anyone is interested, this is the lemon recipe.

GINGER SNOW CHEESECAKE

Filling:
Juice of 3 medium size lemons
Rind of 2 lemons
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
1/4 pint cream

Base:
1/2 lb gingernut biscuits
4 oz butter

Crumb the biscuits in food processor and mix with melted butter. Line bottom of pie plate and place in fridge to chill.

Whisk the cream, then gradually add the condensed milk, finely grated lemon rind and slowly stir in the lemon juice. ( The juice causes the mixture to become thick and set)
Tip the mixture onto the base and return to fridge.

samanya, Jul 26, 12:45am
definitely set ..I've made this a few times & it's delicious.

Oops ...didn't meant to bump an old thread (came in looking for this recipe)

elliehen, Jul 26, 2:05am
Don't apologise...often an accidental bump is welcome :)I've copied and pasted this one now too.

samanya, Jul 26, 6:20am
I made jesses981's recipe again today ...only had caramelised condensed milk (didn't want to go out in the snow etc) so thought what the hell & it's turned out well.
So easy & so tasty.
Limes are cheap here atm ...well they were last time I bought them.

rozke, Jul 26, 12:23pm
as marcs no8 but instead of gelatine l use 1 lime jelly and the 5tbsp over warm water leave to cool, but, not set.By the time you have made the base jelly should be usable

lil_angel_kel, Aug 27, 6:41am
Yum, ive made a similar recipe, but it was sour cream instead of condensed milk, and it was real good :) I might try this next time I go home :)

iriegirl, Jan 25, 3:52am
Can anyone share their fav recipes please! :o)

jessie981, Jan 25, 5:28am
off recipe l/h message board

Lime Pie is the best! Take 4 limes, grate off the rind and then juice them. Put 1 pottle (275ml or so) of fresh cream, 1 tin of condensed milk and the juice and rind in a bowl and stir up (no need to whip or anything). Make a biscuit crumb crust, pour over the lime slosh. Refridgerate for at least 6hrs, overnight is best. Some kind of chemical reaction between the lime juice and hte cream makes it set. for a quick crumb crust just whizz one packet of plain biscuits and stir in about 200g melted butter.

jessie981, Jan 25, 8:36am
Sweetened I would think whitehead. Never heard of plain condensed. What is it.!