Passionfruit Cheesecake...Help please

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 10, 12:46am
Partner happily decided on what he wants to do for his birthday (TOMORROW) he wants a bbq and a cheesecake. I have never made a passionfruit cheesecake stopped in at the cheesecake shop today and bought a slice of the passionfruit cheesecake they had but it was horrid. Was not really cheesecakey at all.

Has anyone got a really nice passionfruit cheesecake recipe they would share with me?? tried and true and unbaked :)

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 10, 12:46am
or has anyone tried the cheesecakes at michels patisserie in manukau. i know their cakes are AWESOME but not sure about cheesecakes

cookessentials, Feb 10, 12:58am
I am not overly keen on chilled gelatine based cheesecakes. i much prefer a baked one.

Here is my baked passionfruit cheesecake recipe which is lovely.

250g plain sweet biscuits
125g butter, melted
1 kg cream cheese preferably at room temp...its easier to beat.
1 &1/4 cups caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
80mls passionfruit pulp (the pulp of 4 passionfruit)
3 eggs
1/4 cup cream

Preheat the oven to 160C.

Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until fine crumbs are formed. Tip into a bowl and mix with the melted butter.

Press into the bottom and 2 cm up the sides of a 22cm lined and buttered spring form pan. Chill.

In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla essence and passionfruit until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time beating lightly after each addition and stir in the cream.

Pour into the prepared pastry shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.

Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool. Chill for 4 hours or overnight

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 10, 1:01am
hi cookessentials. looking for an unbaked one as hubby doesnt care for the baked ones. can you help? or point me in the right direction?

rosathemad, Feb 10, 1:49am
I made a strawberry white chocolate one a little while ago. It doesn't taste hugely of white chocolate, just nice and rich (but not crazy rich like baked ones, still fresh and summery). I would just omit the strawberries and spread passionfruit pulp over the top when set - or even swirl it through the filling before it sets. It's a pretty robust recipe so either should work (and if you do the latter you could also leave out the white chocolate if you prefer).

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/12/strawberry-white-chocolate-cheesecake.html

shawkt, Feb 10, 1:52am
Get the cheesecake mix from the supermarket think its by the sour cream, cream cheese etc and a bottle of passionfruit topping, make the base and away you go. My sister makes it all the time and it is beautiful and so easy.

245sam, Feb 10, 2:02am
tipsy_bl0nde, here's the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake and it's a recipe that I have made many times since then but to date I have not tried adding passionfruit to add, either in the cheesecake itself or as a topping; however I know of no reason why that couldn't be done.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits (crushed)
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too.

Hope that helps.:-))

lythande1, Feb 10, 2:18am
This isn't strictly cheesecake because it doesn't have the usual filling. But it tastes the same.
For the base:

200g Malt Biscuits
100gbutter, melted
A good dollop of passionfruit pulp
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
300mlcream
Lemon juice

Crush the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor pulverise them with a rolling pin. Mix with the melted butter and press the mixture into the base and sides of a dish.

In a large bowl beat the cream till stiff, add condensed milk and lemon juice and beat further until thick and well mixed. Add the passionfruit pulp. Pour over the base and grate over a little dark chocolate.

annie.nz, Feb 10, 2:25am
This one has always been a winner at formal stand-up dinners, despite the presence of a lemon jelly.It tastes as though it has much more respectable ingredients.

8" or 9" springform or loose bottom ring tin
Crust
-------
1c wine biscuit or other plain biscuit crumbs (processor or put between sheets of greaseproof paper and crush with rolling pin)
50g melted butter
Can replace bikkies with up to 1/3 volume in ground almonds, which is nice
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
Mix and press into bottom of tin.

Filling
---------
1/2 c passionfruit pulp (about 4 passionfruit, can use a bit more)
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c water
1 lemon jelly
250g Philadelphia block of cream cheese, room temperature to soften
1c crean,
Put passionfruit, sugar and water into pot, stir over lowish heat until sugar dissolves, bring to boil, remove from heat, add jelly and stir till dissolved.Sit the pot in cold water until it reaches room temperature.
Beat the cream cheese, sieve about 1/4 of the jelly mix into it and beat till smooth with an electric beater.Sieve in the rest of the mix, forcing as much as possible through, beat again till smooth.Chill till cold and beginning to set.
Beat cream till thick but not stiff and fild into mixture.Pour into crust, refrigerate.

Decorate with sweetened passionfruit pulp and whipped cream if you like, or a lemon twist in the middle for that 80s look.

tipsy_bl0nde, Apr 6, 10:16pm
thank you everyone

annie.nz would the sweetened passionfruit pulp be the same as the containers of sweetened passionfruit you get at the supermarket? trying to do this as quick and easy as possible :)