Passionfruit

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 24, 11:22pm
I thawed some out to make icing on a banana cake but ended up making chocolate cake, now what can I do with it, in the baking department not desert, anyone have a slice or cake using passionfruit? TIA

pam.delilah, Jul 24, 11:28pm
Uncooked PASSIONFRUIT SLICE
Base:
Buttered slice tray
200g butter
Two packets round-wine biscuits or similar
½ a can of condensed milk
¼ cup passionfruit pulp)
¼ cup desiccated coconut
Melt butter over gentle heat. Crush biscuits. Add condensed milk and passionfruit pulp to melted butter then whisk to combine.
Mix in biscuits and coconut then press into prepared tray and flatten with a rolling pin.
Icing:
1 Tbsp butter, softened
2 Tbsp cream cheese, at room temperature
4 Tbsp passionfruit
2 cups icing sugar
Cream together butter and cream cheese. Mix in the passionfruit then work in the icing sugar to a smooth consistency.
Spread over the base, chill and cut when cold. Keep covered in fridge until required.

pam.delilah, Jul 24, 11:30pm
Passionfruit cupcakes
75g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 small eggs
1/4 cup passionfruit pulp (fresh or preserved)
1 cup plus 2 Tbs self-raising flour

1. Heat oven to 180C. Grease or line 12 muffin pans with paper cases.

2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Stir in passionfruit pulp, then fold in sifted flour. Half fill paper cases with mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one cake comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Ice with passionfruit frosting.

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 24, 11:30pm
thankyou... I have everything except the milk so off to the shops I go! sounds yum.

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 24, 11:32pm
maybe I should do the cupcakes I have everything except need to wait for the chooks to lay another egg. . I only have one in the cupboard.

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 25, 5:23am
Well, I made the passionfruit slice in the end, went and bought a tin of C milk, didnt read recipe properly and tipped the whole tin into the pot to heat then realised it said 1/2! so I reduced the amount of the butter and iced with a lemon and passionfruit butter icing... it is sooooo moorish - I have had two peices so far and dont think it will last more than a few days, so thanks for the recipe pam. delilah I will definately add this one to the regulars. Next time might try the cupcakes but dont think cupcakes keep fresh very long?

gilligee, Jul 25, 5:28am
You could have refrozen it! ! ! !

pam.delilah, Nov 26, 11:12am
happy to provide the recipe. Cupcakes (without icing) freeze well