Old fashined uncooked fudge cake recipe.

tuitui5, May 4, 10:19am
any ideas!

245sam, May 4, 11:12am
Here you are tuitui5 - this is a well tried, tested and much used recipe from my now elderly Mum.

FUDGE CAKE
115g each ofbutterandsugar
1 egg
½ tbsp milk
¼ cup sultanas (optional)
225g-230g plain biscuits, crumbed
1 tbsp cocoa
¼ cup walnuts
1 tsp vanilla essence

Melt the butter with the sugar, then add the egg, milk and sultanas, if using.Cook for a few minutes – DO NOT BOIL – then add the biscuits, cocoa, walnuts and vanilla essence.Mix, then press into a tin and when set, ice with chocolate icing.
Note:The sultanas and walnuts may both be omitted and 1 cup seedless raisins used instead.

Hope that helps.:-))

evorotorua, May 4, 6:31pm
Oh my goodness. I remember this from when I was young. My Mum made it into a log and chilled it. We cut slices off and ate them. Then the recipes using sweetened condensed milk came out and I was confused that they weren't the same as I remember. Now I know why! OOOh I know what I am making today. Diet can wait for my soul to catch up! Thanks both of you so much.

mothergoose_nz, May 5, 9:03am
you can make an adult version, making it more interesting.a teaspoon of coffee.maybe a bit of rum or something

guest, Jan 11, 11:27am
Reading this makes my deconiiss easier than taking candy from a baby.

guest, Jan 13, 2:23pm
Oopsie! Thanks for pointing that out! Thanks for the rcipee too! Those muffins look amazing! I'll test them out ASAP, because I'm always looking for new things to bake, and now that Dad and I are on a healthy kick, this will be perfect!