Uncooked coffee slice

lizyb, Oct 18, 7:56pm
have lost my late mothers recipe for this, it was a crumbed biscult base with ? condensed milk and a coffee icing which set in the fridge and could be frozen - especially good at christmas time.have searched through the slices and biscult threads and TM cooks but cant find it, could someone please help. many thanks liz

rainrain1, Oct 18, 8:04pm
Coffee Fudge....is this it?

1T coffee essence
200gr butter
1 tin cond milk
chopped walnuts
2 pkts wine bisc
vanilla ess
1+1/2 cups coconut
Place coffee, butter and cond milk in pan and just bring to boil.Add crushed biscuits, vanilla, coconut and walnuts.Mix well and place in slice tin to set.Ice with coffee icing

lizyb, Oct 18, 8:29pm
thanks for your recipe,mums didnt have coconut in it from memory, but will give yours a try

smileeah, Oct 18, 9:05pm
Is this like the one that some bakerys sell and call 'something latte' or 'latte something'? lol The one I used to buy had white chocolate in it and was very yummy. I might have to try this slice sometime, I'll add it to my list. :)

rainrain1, Oct 18, 9:20pm
x1
I thought i had another recipe but it is this cooked one, so here it is anyway.....

1 can condensed milk
4oz butter
1 dsp golden syrup
1pkt wine bisc
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Heat the cond milk, butter and golden syrup.Add the crushed biscuits, chopped nuts and mix well.Bake in greased sponge roll tin and bake mod oven for 20 to 25 mins.Ice with with coffee icing

jbl, Oct 27, 10:08pm
x1
I madethis one yesterday after reading this post! coffee fudge slice but has coconut, which I didnt put in and cooked recipe, just divine : )125g butter
1 x 400g can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp sweetened coffee essence
1 packet vanilla wine biscuits, crushed
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup Chelsea Coffee Sugar I used sugar with coffee mixd
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Coffee Icing
25g butter, melted
1 Tbsp sweetened coffee essence
2 1/2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 30 x 20 cm sponge roll tin with non-stick baking paper.
In a large bowl, melt the butter & condensed milk together, stir until well blended. Add the coffee essence and stir well. Add other ingredients & mix to combine. Press into the prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the tin and ice with coffee Icing when cold.

naki45, Oct 28, 1:56am
x1
mmmmm I am not usually a sweet tooth but this slice along with the gingernut and walnut one are my faves with a coffee if Im craving something sweet. I have made it with just instant coffee too if no coffee essence.

camper18, Oct 28, 6:51am
And heres one without the condensed milk if you dont have such a sweet tooth.
Uncooked Coffee Slice
6ozs butter, melted
1 desp brown sugar
1 tbs golden syrup
1 egg
2 tsp coffee essence
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkt wine ( or malt ) biscuits crushed

beat butter & sugar ,beat in egg & syrup, then beat in essences.
lastly mix in the biscuits. Press into a flat tin and ice with
1½ cups icing sugar
1tbs butter
1tbs coffee essence
½ tsp vanilla.
Given to me by my MIL 50 yrs ago and still enjoyed by my Grandies today.

lizyb, Oct 11, 8:46pm
FOUND IT !
this is the recipe that I have been searching for the last year for of mums. coffee fudge slice
melt 250 gms butter, 1 tin condensed milk, 2 tbspns coffee mixed with a little water to dissolve.Take off heat and add
2 packets crushed vanilla wine biscults, 1 cup walnuts chopped, spread into tin and cool,
Icing = 125grams melted butter 2 dspns coffee mixed with little bit of water (i use greggs red ribbon)375 grams icing sugar and 3/4 tspn vanilla.ice slice and keep in fridge, this also freezers well .

buzzy110, Oct 12, 4:51am
It's nice when you find a long lost recipe. Remember to copy and paste what you have posted here into a recipe folder on your computer so that you never lose it again.

lizyb, Oct 19, 7:56pm
have lost my late mothers recipe for this, it was a crumbed biscult base with ! condensed milk and a coffee icing which set in the fridge and could be frozen - especially good at christmas time.have searched through the slices and biscult threads and TM cooks but cant find it, could someone please help. many thanks liz

rainrain1, Oct 19, 8:04pm
Coffee Fudge.is this it!

1T coffee essence
200gr butter
1 tin cond milk
chopped walnuts
2 pkts wine bisc
vanilla ess
1+1/2 cups coconut
Place coffee, butter and cond milk in pan and just bring to boil.Add crushed biscuits, vanilla, coconut and walnuts.Mix well and place in slice tin to set.Ice with coffee icing

smileeah, Oct 19, 9:05pm
Is this like the one that some bakerys sell and call 'something latte' or 'latte something'! lol The one I used to buy had white chocolate in it and was very yummy. I might have to try this slice sometime, I'll add it to my list. :)

rainrain1, Oct 19, 9:20pm
I thought i had another recipe but it is this cooked one, so here it is anyway.

1 can condensed milk
4oz butter
1 dsp golden syrup
1pkt wine bisc
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Heat the cond milk, butter and golden syrup.Add the crushed biscuits, chopped nuts and mix well.Bake in greased sponge roll tin and bake mod oven for 20 to 25 mins.Ice with with coffee icing

pam, Oct 19, 7:22am
Thi cant find the recipe anywheree recipe that im looking for has white chocolate in it, but i cant find the recipe anywhere. I tried it as a sample in the bakery dept at the supermarket. Can anyone help me please. Im craving for it.