Coffee Machines

nettie14, Sep 12, 10:49pm
Can anyone suggest a good brand of coffee machine to buy for our home?Want it to be easy to use for hubby and also able to make nice frothy milk for hot chocolates.Thanx

macandrosie, Sep 13, 7:21am
We have a sunbeam cafe series coffee machine & sunbeam series coffee grinder. Really happy with it. All up for both you're looking at $1000 approx. Bought afrom Harvey Norman. Single group head. It's not commercial but it's fine for home use. The cheaper ones are not worth buying. But you don't need to spend 2 or 3000 either. They are not fully automatic but if you have had some barista training you'll know what you're looking for & what ou are doing.

cookessentials, Sep 13, 7:55am
Boughta Sunbeam Cafe' series which caused us no end of problems. We have a Jura Z5 fully automatic machine now

kja64, Sep 13, 8:15am
Hi nettie14.We go around coffee shops in Christchurch.Find a coffee you like.They will sellyou 200-500grams.to suit your machine.

gayle6, Sep 13, 1:47pm
I second the Jura coffee machine and the best beans come from Lyttelton Coffee Company.

luckyduck, Sep 13, 9:02pm
Innova steel duo here, great machine. You can get a similar machine under the ascaso brand

wendy1968, Sep 13, 9:06pm
What sort of budget are you thinking? as in between 2-3K you would get a superb "baby"

meegs35, Sep 14, 9:33pm
We have a Kitchen Aid machine and grinder. I love it. Price is about $1600 plus $500 for the grinder. Coffee is great once you get the hang of it, and the machine easy to use. It's a good mid price coffee machine....I do, however, lust after the Rocket....

macandrosie, Sep 16, 7:49am
The thing is if you are after a real coffee you really need a semi automatic coffee machine which are what commercial machines are. As a barista you then control the outcome of the drink, the milk consistency, the pour etc. If you are not a barista you may as well have a fully automatic coffee machine. You just choose a drink eg: latte, cappucino or whatever, hit the button & hey presto you have your drink. The cafe sunbeam machine is semi automatic & allows you to be in control of the outcome. We'vehad a good run with ours, they are a great little machine. Also Hummingbirds Coffee "Oomph" coffee beans are a nice mellow drink not dark roast, but it's a personal preference what you like to drink.

debudder, Sep 16, 9:06am
We have the breville Fresca cost around the $1000 mark but love it, it grinds the beans for you, Had a very good right up with consummer mag. Have mastered the cappas and moccas, hot chocolates, now want to try the Chai lattes, thinking of doing our own coffee card for when friends come to help pay for it (just joshing)

cookessentials, Mar 23, 7:03pm
Yeah, ours has the internal grinder too. We enjoy our coffee so did not mind the investement and I was lucky enough to get it at wholesale. They are about $4000 retail.