Coffee essense ...

winnie15, Apr 9, 10:35pm
A question ..coffee ess , is it something you buy already made up by the coffee area, or is it an essence found by the vanilla ess..or is it something you make up using 1 tsp instant coffee to 1 tablespoon of boiling water?

margyr, Apr 9, 10:36pm
you buy it by the coffee.

245sam, Apr 9, 11:16pm
winnie15, if you are looking for coffee essence at the supermarket, look for Bushells Coffee & Chicory Essence which can be found with the other coffees and/or in the baking aisle.

If you have a Rawleigh dealer nearby he/she could also get their brand of coffee essence for you - have a look at:-
http://www.rawleighs.info

Hope that helps.:-))

winnie15, Apr 10, 5:27am
will have a look at the bushells coffee ess , thnx

cookessentials, Apr 10, 5:30am
winnie15, if you are wanting it for baking...coffee extract is what you want.

winnie15, Apr 10, 11:30pm
Oh ok cook ..coffee extract , would that be by the essences in the supermarket?

cookessentials, Apr 10, 11:45pm
you may not find it in supermarkets..its usually essence which is chemically enhanced flavour basically. Try on Trademe

lilyfield, Apr 10, 11:51pm
I just add some instant coffee to whatever. Dry

winnie15, Apr 11, 2:59am
This seems practical and affordable, ionly want it for a coffee cake.

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 11, 3:16am
if its for a coffee cake or it actually asks for coffee essense it is the bushels one, its also lovely as a hot cup of coffee made with milk, before coffee became available in the instant form it is today my grandmother used to make us one! gosh I'm old I also remember the horse and cart delivering her milk!!

wildflower, Apr 11, 3:48am
Plenty of coffee recipes you can just use a shot of espresso or instant.No need to buy something expensive for one recipe.

winnie15, Apr 11, 5:52am
yum i do remember my mum buying that ..

winnie15, Apr 12, 6:12am
i had a look at the supermarket today, a bottle of that bushells is $9 .. i made some coffee muffins with 1 tsp of coffee to 1 Tb of water but you could hardly taste the coffee once cooked. The muffin recipe was too runny and too sweet, wouldn't do it again, but will bake a coffee cake and invest in the bushells in a few weeks time.

margyr, Apr 12, 7:03pm
although it is expensive when you use it in baking you only need a small amount, a couple of drops in the icing, so the bottle lasts forever.

rainrain1, Apr 12, 7:57pm
Unless you take to make a hot cuppa with it too often