Uncooked Coffee Slice

philpot3, Aug 29, 10:17pm
Have been hunting out recipes to make this with condensed milk but they all use coffee essence.I don't have any coffee essence could I use strong coffee instead!

skootaskid, Aug 29, 10:28pm
I use two tbspns of instant coffee diluted with a wee bit of boiling water.
its always lovely, so strong coffee would probably do the trick too.

yummy enjoy

asue, Aug 29, 11:24pm
Recipe for the coffee slice plze!

momma1, Aug 30, 12:38am
i just used to use a traditional fudge recipe and sub coffee (dissolved in a bit of water) for the cocoa. and if your recipe has dried fruit. just leave them out and replace with walnuts

terraalba, Aug 30, 1:39am
I wonder if a Moccha flavour could be on with a bit of cocoa and coffee!

lodgelocum, Aug 30, 10:05pm
Coffee Slice (unbaked)

2 pkts Superwine biscuits, crushed to medium/fine breadcrumbs, transfer to cake mixer.
Add 2 Cups Coconut
Melt one tin condensed milk with 180g butter in microwave for approx 2 minutes, add 2 tablespoons Coffee hickory (essence), add to crushed biscuit mix, along with 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.Press into tin and refrigerate to set.Ice with coffee icing and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

I have never made it with instant coffee as a substitute for the hickory.

This is also great made into a citrus slice, remove the coffee hickory, and add the rind of two oranges or lemons, and a citrus icing with coconut sprinkled on top.

vixx11, Aug 31, 9:55am
I remember tasting a coffee! roll when I was younger from an old neightbour (was a brown layer, white layer roll) wasnt a sponge and it set in the fridge - any ideas what it might of been! I know, very vague. :)

bella95, Aug 31, 10:27am
Yum. Thanks lodgelocum (and op.) Will have a go at this tomorrow sounds like just the thing if you don't want to crank up the oven.

lodgelocum, Sep 1, 2:56am
vixx11, I also remember a coffee roll/log like that, was it made with a biscuit crumb filled with cream and then rolled and as you say, set in the fridge!Sure I used to also make something like that, hope I wasn't your OLD neighbour ! lol. My mother used to make a biscuit crumb base and then top it with marshmellow, it was so yummy, very mourish, one piece was never enough

vixx11, Sep 1, 3:57am
thanks! sounds a little like it :) I remember it was firm and cut in 1cm slices, so yum. at least now I know I wasnt imagining it! lol now for the recipe.

elliehen, Sep 1, 5:00am
What to look for in the supermarket if you wish to buy Coffee & Chicory essence.

http://www.bushellscoffee.com.au/range/essence.asp

guest, Apr 6, 6:51am
eZzor0 kzdkclqgztxd

guest, Jan 11, 11:15am
You've really helped me untansderd the issues. Thanks.

guest, Jan 13, 2:22pm
My dear Gabriel,Thank you very much for the wonderful words you were witirng in your blog about everybody in the documentaire. Also the picture was nice and fortunately taken from the backside of my head!!!!! I will tell Jytte about the words you were witirng about her. I spoke with her on the phone yeasterday and she was expecting a call from me. She hates to be in the picture and to hear her own voice but came as a gesture for the lovely persons who made the film. They were really fantastic during the interviews. I honestly hope not to meet you as a patient in the hospital. I am there every Tuesdaymorning is my volunteer-morning and not all the week otherwise I need a lawyer. (haha) It is really funny that we were living in the same apartmentbuilding.( 1977-1981) You on the 4th and I on the 1st floor. I remember you as a naughty but funny boy. Your Austrian nanny was continue complaining about the mess in your room and that you had to stay in your untidy room to learn to keep it proper because she wouldn't dare to clean it. I hope you have changed a little bit.(haha) I like to read your blogs and don't understand how you can find the time and the subjects . Bravo!Anyway last night our AEK made a happy evening for us . I didn't watch and when my husband came home I understood which team won the game. He is Panathinaikos ! Dimitri's team is Olympiakos and my daughter-in-law like Kostas a Panathinaikos fan! For the Dutch competition I am a fan of Feyenoord and they were this week-end very bad playing and lost the game with 10-0 from PSV. Never mind! Gabriel have a nice day!Maaike