Uncooked Weetbix slice

grannypam, Nov 12, 11:47pm
x1
A few weeks ago I saw a recipe in one of the junkmail farm papers for an uncooked slice based on weetbix..

I know it had 10 weetbix in it..sooo I went and bought the weetbix but threw away the blimming paper.. as ya do..lol

Does anyone know this recipe.

harrislucinda, Nov 13, 12:07am
yesitwasmine10weetbix1/2cupcoconut1tlbspcocoa1/2lbbutter1/2lbsultanas1/2tincondensedmilkcrushweetbixandotheringredmeltbutterandmilkpourintoweetbixsetinfridgeice

brettnat, Nov 13, 12:13am
How much is 1/2lb??

julzienz, Nov 13, 12:34am

accroul, Nov 13, 12:35am
slightly less than 500g

grannypam, Nov 13, 12:51am
ooh..thank you thank you..

there have been some great recipes lately but I can never seem to get them saved before the need to pick up the rubbish takes over..lol

gardie, Nov 13, 1:38am
The recipe in the paper said 120g butter and 1/2 cup sultanas.I made it by melting together the butter and the condensed milk in the microwave (just till butter melted) and found it perfect.It also said to ice with chocolate icing which I did also.

My husband actually found the recipe - was obvioiusly keen to try it cos it was him who saved it!

harrislucinda, Nov 13, 1:59am
8ozas16ozisalbsorryrealoldrecipe

harrislucinda, Nov 13, 2:08am
gardieIjustcheckedtheemailisentandtheingredsareasabovemustlookat thepaperthenasiknowshedidmissoutmeltbutterandmilkasiemailedherandtoldherfromcountrytucker

gardie, Nov 13, 2:15am
I found the 120 grams of butter was enough - and reduces the cost also.The 2nd time I made it, I put in about 3/4 c sultanas instead of the 1/2 c and found this a little too much.Will either chop sultanas more (I made it in food processor) or keep at 1/2 cup.

Thanks for sending it in Lucinda - will be a favourite in our house.

harrislucinda, Nov 13, 2:33am
reportingbackyes ifoundthepaperandseetheingredsaredifferentto whatisentbutdofindmymakesadeepersliceandcanaddmoreorlessasnocookinghoweverididgetanicerecipebookinreturnhopeallgoeswellwithitwho evertrysit

brettnat, Nov 13, 8:27pm
Oooh yummy just trying this now its iced and in the fridge setting looks yummy Thanks and so easy to do my 4yr old was the "helper" this morning

h2gobaby, Nov 13, 9:07pm
how was it?

harrislucinda, Nov 13, 9:37pm
gladithasworkedoutasnothardtodo,butwithmuckoftheamountofingredstomineitisaquickfudgelikerecipeenjoy

phy39, Nov 14, 12:05am
can you make it without condensed milk?

brettnat, Nov 14, 12:30am
It was yummy yummy , yeah a bit like a fudge kind of slice I made the choc icing out the edmonds book it whent well with the slice, Dh taken most of it on the boat fishing with his mates so its gotta be yummy :))

brettnat, Aug 2, 9:48am
I dont think you could leave the condensed milk out it would not be the same..